Atreca is an integrated biotechnology company located in South San Francisco, California. We apply our proprietary drug discovery platform to profile clinically relevant, active B cell responses in patients receiving successful treatment and, in turn, develop a portfolio of antibody therapeutics against novel tumor targets with the potential to treat large patient populations. Atreca seeks talented, driven individuals who are dedicated to making a positive impact on human health and are motivated to become key members of a growing biotechnology company.
We are seeking a bioinformatics scientist who, in collaboration with the bioinformatics group and colleagues in the lab, will use their knowledge of immunology, statistics, phage display enrichment, immunoprecipitation mass spectrometry, and sequence analysis to develop robust and scalable computational solutions that quantify and annotate antibody sequence repertoires, identify enriching binders in phage display and elucidate the unknown targets of candidate antibodies using immuno-precipitation mass spectrometry and other data.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, implement and refine informatic algorithms and pipelines that quantify and annotate antibody repertoire sequence information from NGS sequencing of donor samples.
- Design, implement and refine informatic pipelines to identify phage display enrichers from NGS sequencing data of phage display experiments.
- Design, implement and refine informatic pipelines that analyze mass spectrometry raw and processed results from immuno-precipition experiments.
- Contribute experience and creativity to our scientific community and endeavors.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- PhD, or equivalent experience, in computational biology, bioinformatics, statistics or a related field
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of molecular immunology and immune repertoires
- Familiar with a range of relevant laboratory techniques (either through hands-on work or from collaborations with laboratory-focused colleagues)
- Strong expertise with bioinformatics algorithms
- Fluent in SQL, Python and R
- Experience analyzing large sequence data sets
- All candidates must complete a technical assessment as a part of the interview process
- Skilled in building robust, sophisticated bioinformatics pipelines
- Cloud computing experience preferred
- Expert in using Unix