Are you curious, driven, and collaborative? Do you want to work in one of the most innovating biotech companies in bay area? #2 on the Scientist 2018 Top 10 innovations list. Join us in our in our mission to enable researchers and clinicians to accelerate the discovery, development, and delivery of precision medicine.
Mission Bio is a start-up providing the best-in-class solution for single-cell genomics across the range of research and translational/clinical medicine. We are a small team that is growing rapidly, so this is an opportunity for a talented, driven individual to make a significant impact on the direction and success of an exciting young company. We are committed to diversity. If you are a collaborative, curious, hardworking professional who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic, supportive environment, we would love to meet you.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Other duties may be assigned)
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join the Mission Bio team as a HR Business Partner / Generalist. Under general direction from the Senior Director, People & Culture, the Human Resources Generalist will provide support to the organization. Primary responsibilities include HRIS implementation and reporting, training and development, compensation and benefits, participating in the company safety committee. This exciting and challenging role is responsible for ensuring compliance with federal and various state employment regulations.
- Assisting in the implementation and testing of a new HRIS to include an on boarding and I-9 electronic verification (eVerify) platform
- Maintain HRIS databases and/or Training databases. Verify accuracy of data, investigate causes of discrepancies, and make necessary corrections
- Complete regular reports as required (e.g., headcount, overtime, attendance, organization chart, payroll discrepancy, etc.)
- Support building a training matrix, conducting periodic reviews of training documentation, ensuring training matrixes are accurate
- Assist with disciplinary and other personnel issues. Interpret policies, answer questions, and counsel associates regarding policies.
- Conduct investigations of alleged misconduct, and submit findings and recommendations to HR dept
- Continuously refining and facilitating an innovative, engaging and welcoming New Employee Orientation (NEO) and first-day experience for Mission’s new team members
- Streamlining onboarding procedures and working closely with cross functional partners to support new employee readiness
- As first point of contact, responding to employee and manager inquiries
- Assuming responsibility of employee personnel records, leading longer term electronic filing project and assisting in facilitating regular internal audits
- Partnering with People & Culture head to write and standardize job descriptions to ensure consistency with Mission Bio’s mission, values, branding, and compensation philosophies
- Soliciting employee and manager feedback on current HR processes which ultimately will enable the department to create initiatives for positive change
- Assist with conducting exit interviews. Analyze findings and make recommendations to reduce turnover
What’s Required (QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE)
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in a related field (e.g., HR, Business)
- 5 years of experience in HR or HR Ops, ideally within a startup or biotech company environment
- Broad knowledge of HR functions, including some formal training, HRIS implementation, hr reporting, benefits and compensation, safety, compliance and , learning & development
- A consistent history of exercising discretion and treating sensitive or confidential matters with care
- Effective time management and organizational skills, with high reliability and responsiveness, and a track record of driving projects to completion
- Familiarity with G-Suite, Gusto, Slack, JazzHR, BambooHR or Greenhouse, DocuSign, Adobe, Expensify, and Microsoft Office, or similar software tools
- Strong desire to work in a start-up environment
- A passion for improving the lives of patients with cancer
- Sense of urgency, resourcefulness, and desire to get things done against all odds
- Strong attention to detail, critical thinking and presentation skills