Atreca is an integrated biotechnology company located in South San Francisco, California. We apply our proprietary drug discovery platform to profile clinically relevant, active B cell responses in patients receiving successful treatment and, in turn, develop a portfolio of antibody therapeutics against novel tumor targets with the potential to treat large patient populations. Atreca seeks talented, driven individuals who are dedicated to making a positive impact on human health and are motivated to become key members of a growing biotechnology company.
We are seeking a motivated and enthusiastic Research Associate or Sr Research Associate to join our Protein Engineering group. The successful candidate will play a key role in further developing our yeast display platform and applying it to engineer antibodies and bispecifics.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Culture yeast and perform flow cytometry assays
- Sort libraries by FACS and help with NGS sample preparations (plasmid prep and PCR)
- Help develop methods for selecting yeast-displayed antibodies bound to cancer cells
- Follow laboratory safety guidelines and practices
Required Skills & Qualifications
- MS in Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Immunology, Bioengineering, etc., or BS/BA with 2+ years of relevant research experiences (industry experience preferred)
- Experience with basic molecular biology techniques (DNA isolation, PCR, etc.)
- Experience with flow cytometry assays and data analysis (FlowJo)
- Strong team spirit: capable of working in a team-based, interdisciplinary environment and collaborating with scientists and associates in a fast-paced, energetic environment
- Excellent communication, organization, and record keeping
- Self-motivated and able to drive projects to completion within timelines
- Experience with yeast display or other display platforms (phage display, mammalian display)
- Experience with next generation DNA sequencing (including sample preparation, data analysis)
- Experience with antibody biochemical assays (e.g., ELISA, SPR, BLI)
- Experience with relevant scientific software (Geneious, GraphPad)
- Experience with cell-based assays using mammalian cell lines
- Knowledge of bioinformatics tools and immunology is a plus
Exact title commensurate with experience. Atreca is an equal opportunity employer.