Atreca is a dynamic biotechnology company applying its Immune Repertoire Capture® (IRC™) technology to discover and develop novel cancer immunotherapeutics. By profiling the clinically relevant, active B cell responses of patients, we are building a portfolio of tumor-targeted antibodies.
We are seeking a motivated and enthusiastic Research Associate or Sr Research Associate to join our Protein Engineering group. The successful candidate will play a key role in further developing our yeast display platform and applying it to optimize and generate differentiated antibody and bispecific therapeutics.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Establish yeast cultures and perform flow cytometry assays
- Sort libraries of antibody variants by FACS and help with NGS sample preparations
- Develop methods for selecting yeast-displayed antibodies bound to cancer cells
- Follow laboratory safety guidelines and practices
- MS in Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Immunology, Bioengineering, etc., or BS/BA with 2+ years of relevant research experiences (industry experience preferred)
- Expertise in flow cytometry assays and data analysis (FlowJo preferred)
- Experience with basic molecular biology techniques (DNA isolation, PCR, etc.)
- Strong team spirit: capable of working in a team-based, interdisciplinary environment and collaborating with scientists and associates in a fast-paced, energetic environment
- Exceptional communication, organization, and record keeping
- Independent and self-motivated, with a strong sense of urgency and ability to drive a project to completion within timelines
- Experience with yeast display or other display platforms (phage display, mammalian display)
- Experience with next generation DNA sequencing (including sample preparation, data analysis)
- Experience with antibody biochemical assays (e.g., ELISA, SPR, BLI)
- Experience with relevant scientific software (Geneious, GraphPad)
- Experience with cell-based assays using mammalian cell lines
- Knowledge of bioinformatics tools and immunology is a plus
Exact title commensurate with experience. Atreca is an equal opportunity employer.