Pendulum™ is on a mission to help people improve physical and mental health by creating a new category of products that target the microbiome. We are researching, developing and commercializing a novel class of rationally-designed Live SynbioticsTM (probiotics + prebiotics) that have demonstrated clinical efficacy to treat conditions like metabolic syndrome, inflammation and neurodegeneration.
Pendulum™ has created proprietary pipelines to build a unique discovery platform that identifies key, novel bacterial strains and the prebiotics that feed them.
We are a highly collaborative team of scientists, engineers, physicians, marketers and salespeople interested in improving human health by using the latest research from diverse fields, such as microbiology, molecular biology, high-throughput genomics, distributed computing, pharmaceutical development and nutrition. We believe strongly in an individual’s transparency and strong communication to enable the most effective and efficient path to team success.
If you’re interested in building a new category of products that will help improve the lives of people globally and you love working in a cross-functional, collaborative, inspiring environment, please continue reading!
We are seeking a Creative Director to champion bringing our new brand, Pendulum to life. This role is well-suited to a big thinker who is up for the challenge of bringing our company’s vision, purpose and products to life into as a disruptive DTC microbiome organization.
Reporting to our Chief Marketing Officer, our Creative Director will oversee and execute visual brand strategy and designs for Pendulum across all brand touch points including packaging, ecommerce, digital (ads, blogs, email), tradeshows, collateral, print and internal projects. You will apply a digital-first approach to design to ensure seamless integration across all touchpoints.
Our ideal Creative Director is someone who thrives within a fast-paced environment, who gets excited about creating something with a clean slate, who is a big thinker, a self-starter, a problem solver, highly collaborative, and one who embraces a strong bias for action.
What You'll Do:
- Set a high bar for brand storytelling; own the holistic vision for all marketing campaigns and brand-building experiences to consistently engage our customers, while meeting the business objectives.
- Facilitate productive brainstorms and constructive critique; encourage innovation by creating a safe-to-fail culture, where all team members embrace an iterative creative process.
- Partner with the broader organization across Growth, PR, Brand, HCP & Clinical to develop strategies and execute on creative for all external expressions of our brand as well as other internal visual storytelling needs.
- Set product and brand photography direction, provide creative direction, and oversee photo shoots and video shoots to ensure creative excellence and alignment for various digital channels.
- Communicate, present, and collaborate with senior leadership; define critical milestones to get buy-in, then provide clear feedback and next steps to the project team.
- Review all deliverables with an exacting eye: hold all our launches to the highest standard.
- Manage multiple initiatives and team members at once, continuously balancing impact and effort to maximize the creative output of your team.
- Identify opportunities to improve strategic planning, project timelines, and team resourcing.
- Build a team of designers and art directors to conceptualize and produce best-in-class brand experiences; collaborate with external agency partners and freelancer network, managing process, work, budgets and personnel.
- Bachelor of Arts in Graphic Design or Fine Arts
- 8+ years of creative experience with a minimum 4+ years of managerial experience in a design or art department, and 4+ years of relevant consumer brand experience preferred. Design or brand agency experience a plus.
- Must have experience launching new brands and/or reinventing a brand from scratch.
- Deep experience with design and creative for digital channels
- You possess the energy, enthusiasm and drive to deliver the best design in the industry with a passion for the craft—an advocate for creative excellence.
- Deeply familiar with the digital design process and adaptable to a range of timeline and feasibility constraints.
- Proficiency in Figma, Sketch, Illustrator, Photoshop, Zeplin, InVision, and any other animation/prototyping tools of your choice.
- Exceptional aesthetic and intuitive understanding of design principles.
- Strong project management skills within a creative environment, a must. Proven ability to work with cross-functional teams and key stakeholders of various projects across the company, as well as external collaborators/packaging innovators/print vendors/co-packers. Ability to respond quickly to multiple projects and superb time management skills.
- Strong communication, organizational, prioritization and presentation skills, required.
- Copywriting experience, a plus.
- Advanced skills in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign as well as standard MS Office software programs, including Powerpoint. Bonus points: experience with tools such as Wrike (project management), Dropbox, and 3D animation/rendering software.
- Working knowledge of UX/UI principles/software, a plus
- Experience working in and a love for health-oriented company a big plus!
- Portfolio with work relevant samples, required.
Pendulum's™ team is as diverse as a healthy microbiome. We welcome all to apply.