The Research Associate will be a contributing member of a multi-disciplinary drug discovery team focused on developing novel therapeutics to address unmet medical needs. The candidate is expected to exercise a broad working knowledge of established synthetic organic chemistry reactions and techniques to synthesize novel molecules with a prescribed biological and physical chemical profile.
With guidance from their supervisor and project leadership, the Research Associate will integrate data from previously synthesized molecules into the design of novel molecules anticipated to possess increasingly optimal characteristics.
The Medicinal Chemistry Research Associate will be responsible for:
- Contributing to the research team by synthesizing key intermediates and small molecule drug targets
- Conducting routine synthetic organic reactions with established procedures and exercising a basic understanding of reactivity and functional group compatibility with the materials and reagents employed
- Carrying out purification and characterization of compounds including NMR and mass spec techniques and interpretation.
- Maintaining clear and accurate records of experiments in approved notebooks
- Integrating data from previously synthesized molecules into the design of molecules anticipated to possess superior profiles
- Helping maintain the efficiency of the drug discovery organization through activities such as inventory management, formulation, etc. as needed
The Medicinal Chemistry Research Associate must have the following:
- BS or MS in organic chemistry with minimum of 2 years of synthetic chemistry experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced lab environment
- Industry experience a plus