Whole Biome is on a mission to help people improve physical and mental health by creating a new category of products that target the microbiome. We are researching, developing and commercializing a novel class of rationally-designed Live SynbioticsTM (probiotics + prebiotics) that have demonstrated clinical efficacy to treat conditions like metabolic syndrome, inflammation and neurodegeneration.
Whole Biome has created proprietary pipelines to build a unique discovery platform that identifies key, novel bacterial strains and the prebiotics that feed them.
We are a highly collaborative team of scientists, engineers, physicians, marketers and salespeople interested in improving human health by using the latest research from diverse fields, such as microbiology, molecular biology, high-throughput genomics, distributed computing, pharmaceutical development and nutrition. We believe strongly in an individual’s transparency and strong communication to enable the most effective and efficient path to team success.
If you’re interested in building a new category of products that will help improve the lives of people globally and you love working in a cross-functional, collaborative, inspiring environment, please continue reading!
We are hiring several Fermentation Technicians to join our Manufacturing team and support our company’s endeavor on it’s path to commercialization. Reporting to our technical lead of Manufacturing, you will operate large scale fermenters to meet production supplies for clinical trial studies and commercialization. You will work closely with our Manufacturing, Quality, and Compute teams. Our ideal candidate brings previous experience in a bioprocess/biotechnology setting, enjoys working with precision and brings kindness and passion to their work.
What You'll Do:
- Weekly setup, running, and tear down of large scale fermentors including monitoring of in-process fermentation, and ensuring batch records are filled out accurately and completely.
- Weigh out chemicals and prepare medium and/or buffer solutions following detailed instructions.
- Assist in monitoring of manufacturing inventory and preventative maintenance of process equipment
- Assist in seed train propagation and downstream processing of fermentors (e.g. centrifugation)
- Ensure standard operating procedures are followed and reviewed
- Ensure department is clean and organized at all times and free of hazards and safety violations, maintain areas in high state of inspection preparedness
- Maintain records and clean room environment to comply with regulatory requirements utilizing current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- AA or BA/BS in a technical field (biotechnology, chemical engineering, bioengineering, microbiology, biochemistry), and 1+ year of experience in an industrial setting
- Equivalent experience will be considered in lieu of the above requirement
- Familiarity with bench scale fermentation units including those from PALL, Sartorius, DASGIP, Applikon and New Brunswick (Eppendorf)
- Must be able to occasionally work off hours and weekends
- Must have attention to detail and strong experience in aseptic techniques.
- Must communicate with transparency and must be a team player
- Must be proficient in Google suite and/or Microsoft Office
- Must be able to lift 50lbs and stand for long periods at a time
Nice to Have:
- Experience in cGMP manufacturing environment is a plus
- Knowledge in SIP, CIP of process equipment is a plus
- Knowledge of anaerobic microbiological techniques is a plus
- Knowledge of writing and validating SOPs for fermentation and fermentation-related processes is a plus