Whole Biome is on a mission to help people improve physical and mental health by creating a new category of products that target the microbiome. We are researching, developing and commercializing a novel class of rationally-designed Live SynbioticsTM (probiotics + prebiotics) that have demonstrated clinical efficacy to treat conditions like metabolic syndrome, inflammation and neurodegeneration.
Whole Biome has created proprietary pipelines to build a unique discovery platform that identifies key, novel bacterial strains and the prebiotics that feed them.
We are a highly collaborative team of scientists, engineers, physicians, marketers and salespeople interested in improving human health by using the latest research from diverse fields, such as microbiology, molecular biology, high-throughput genomics, distributed computing, pharmaceutical development and nutrition. We believe strongly in an individual’s transparency and strong communication to enable the most effective and efficient path to team success.
If you’re interested in building a new category of products that will help improve the lives of people globally and you love working in a cross-functional, collaborative, inspiring environment, please continue reading!
Whole Biome is seeking an experienced Cloud/DevOps Engineer or Senior Cloud/DevOps Engineer with strong Amazon Web Services experience to work collaboratively with our Software Engineers and Data Scientists to build, test, deploy and monitor cloud and laboratory software services, recommend and implement security and performance best practices, and provide R&D systems support.
What You'll Do
- Deploy and manage cloud services using AWS and GCPOwn CI/CD process
- Help automate and streamline our computational pipeline
- Build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in our dev, test, and production environments
- Provide documentation and guidance to developers for proper deployment and testing procedures
- Identify security issues and corresponding best practices to help manage systems risk
- Passion for learning and improving yourself and the team around you
- 3+ years directly related experience in system and software engineering
- Strong background in Linux system administration, Make, Bash, Gulp, Docker, ECS, Fargate, Kubernetes
- Strong professional experience programming in Python or a similar language as needed in fully-automated devops environment, as well as extensive experience reviewing code
- General understanding of a wide array of open source technologies
- Good hands-on knowledge of configuration management and deployment tools
- Experience with continuous builds & deployments as well as continuous integration, log collection and analysis, and performance monitoring/tuning
- Experience with Google and Amazon cloud administration; (experience with AWS is required)Knowledge of best practices related to security, performance, and disaster recovery
- Demonstrated track record of self-directed work
- Ability to teach others and willingness to learn new techniques
- Desire to be in a cross-functional, collaborative environment that also values work-life balance
- Good team player
- Belief in transparency and open communication