SCIENTIST II, IN VIVO PHARMACOLOGY at Atreca
South San Francisco, CA, US
Atreca is a biotechnology company focused on applying its Immune Repertoire Capture™ technology to discover and develop novel cancer immunotherapeutics. Located in Redwood City, California, Atreca is looking for talented, entrepreneurial people who are dedicated to making a positive impact on human health. We have a unique opportunity for a highly motivated individual to become a key member of our growing biotechnology company.
- This hands-on position requires strong scientific training and laboratory skills in the immunology, immuno-oncology, and oncology.
- Design, conduct and interpret preclinical efficacy studies using mouse tumor models to test activity of drug candidates.
- Develop and optimize in vivo mouse tumor models for use on Atreca's oncology program; assess and establish early PK for leads.
- Work independently to perform and troubleshoot in vivo studies, and responsible for data collection, analysis, interpretation, and reporting. Also work collaboratively with scientists throughout the company to introduce and apply the most effective and efficient technologies and techniques to expand our portfolio.
- Literature research, academic collaborations, and innovative thinking are key components of such effort.
- Prepare protocols and annual reports for IACUC revision or amendments.
- Coordinate activities with functional and project team members, interface cross-functionally with other departments.
- Effectively communicate and present study results both at internal team and departmental meetings and to external scientific communities.
- PhD with postdoctoral experience in cancer biology, immunology or related field
- 2-4 years of experience working in preclinical testing of anti-tumor drug candidates in mouse models Industrial experience is preferred.
- Design and implement hypothesis-driven proposals to uncover potential new targets, uncover mechanism of action, advance pipeline.
- Demonstrated proficiency with in vivo efficacy mouse models, including mouse syngeneic and xenograft models.
- Hands-on experience with tumor cell inoculation, animal dosing via multiple routes, tissue collection, tumor measurements and data recording.
- A demonstrated record of success in evaluating imaging methods/reagents is desired.
- Practical experience with in vivo imaging techniques to investigate drug action and patho-physiological response is desired.
- Able to follow protocols and SOPs and execute multiple simultaneous tasks independently. Proficiency in animal welfare and overall knowledge of federal guidelines for animal care and use.
- Experience writing animal protocols and implementing new techniques.
- Experience in providing management, mentoring, and training to research associates in all required animal research procedures.
- Must demonstrate the ability to work independently and as well to work in small teams, ability to manage internal and external resources and collaborations.
- Highly organized, detailed oriented and to have excellent communication. Proven leadership skills in mentoring and directing junior level research staff. The ability to work independently on research goals and to direct the research and day-to-day responsibilities of others.
- Collaborative team player. Be flexible and prioritize tasks based on team and company goals. Ability to multitask in fast-paced environment.
- Previous drug discovery experience, proficiency with GraphPad Prism, Excel, PowerPoint and Word preferred.