Atreca is a biotechnology company focused on applying its Immune Repertoire Capture™ technology to discover and develop novel cancer immunotherapeutics. Located in Redwood City, California, Atreca is looking for talented, entrepreneurial people who are dedicated to making a positive impact on human health. We have a unique opportunity for a highly motivated individual to become a key member of our growing biotechnology company.
The Senior Research Associate (SRA) will work assisting the in vivo preclinical studies in Atreca’s oncology research program. In this role, the SRA will perform multiple efficacy studies testing various therapeutic agents and combination regimens in mouse tumor models. Here the SRA will rely on their expertise to initiate and measure tumor progression, administer therapeutics, and measure their effects on tumor growth. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to interact and collaborate with a multidisciplinary team in a dynamic scientific environment. Job title/compensation commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Perform in vivo studies to evaluate anti-cancer efficacy of test agents in tumor mouse models
- Monitor mice groups enrolled in drug efficacy and mechanism of action studies
- Perform drug dosing by various routes of administration
- Monitor in-life study measurements: tumor volume, body weight, tracking overall health condition and survival of mice
- Entering data in animal management software
- Availability to work on weekends (rotating schedule)
- Follow laboratory safety guidelines and practices
- BS in Biology or related field with 5+ years of direct experience with mouse syngeneic and/or xenograft tumor models in a commercial vivarium
- Experience with orthotopic tumor models is desirable (models of renal cell carcinoma, colorectal cancer and mammary carcinoma)
- Experience with tasks related to efficacy studies: tumor cell implantation, tumor volume measurement, blood draws (survival and terminal bleed), necropsy and tissue collection and processing
- Experience with dosing of therapeutic agents by various routes of administration (IP, oral gavage and IV)
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to collaborate with Atreca’s scientific team
- Proficiency in animal welfare and overall knowledge of federal guidelines for animal
- care and use
- Absolutely Required: Demonstrated experience with subcutaneous tumor models. And ability to work independently, to perform multiple mouse studies simultaneously and to report study data
Atreca is an equal opportunity employer.