Are you a curious & passionate cancer immunologist looking to join a collaborative R&D team dedicated to reinventing the way cancer is treated and improving the lives of cancer patients? Do you recognize that one of the greatest unmet needs in cancer immunotherapy is patient stratification and rational combinations?
If so, we want to speak with you!
The Immuno-oncology (I-O) team at Notable Labs strives to be the leader in the field of precision medicine for immunotherapies. We are seeking a highly motivated and innovative cancer immunologist to join the mission. You will report to the Director of Immuno-oncology and work closely with other team members and cross-functional groups in Notable to drive discovery I-O programs into early clinical development. You will provide vision, scientific and technical oversight for our I-O projects, as well as have a direct impact on the strategic direction of the company.
Just as you are investing in us, we want to invest in you. You’ll have generous opportunities for personal and professional growth. As a member of a transformative precision medicine platform, you’ll personally have a direct impact on patient outcomes today, as well as the future of cancer care.
- Discover and develop new therapeutics, combination therapies and biomarkers for personalized cancer immunotherapy.
- Being the Research Project Lead, you will oversee the progression of research projects from inception to clinical trials.
- Design and perform studies to evaluate I-O drug candidates and develop novel biomarkers using our transformative high-throughput screening (HTS) platform.
- Develop new ex vivo assays on the HTS platform to enable the assessment of different immunotherapeutic agents in primary human tumor samples.
- Collaborate with engineering, computational biology, high-throughput screening and clinical development group to pursue the most promising drug candidates through clinical trials.
- Participate in collaborations with industry and academic partners.
- Present at group meetings, company-wide seminars and international conferences.
- Ph.D. in cancer immunology, T cell biology, immunology or a related field with 3+ years of industry experience.
- Demonstrated success in leading immuno-oncology R&D projects in industry.
- Strong understanding of innate and adaptive immune systems.
- Broad experience in assessing immune cell functions, T cell differentiation and memory development.
- Extensive experience in ex vivo immunological assays, human immune cell isolation and immunophenotyping using multicolor flow cytometry.
- Hands on experience in the pre-clinical development of I-O therapies in one or more of these modalities: checkpoint antibodies, small molecules and CAR-T. Able to evaluate and recommend new therapeutic concepts in these areas.
- Pro-active attitude and strong desire to be a leader in precision immunotherapy by discovering novel biology, new drug combinations and biomarkers.
- Strong oral presentation and communication skills.
- Organized, collaborative, team-player attitude.
What we can offer you:
The opportunity to directly fight cancer, one patient at a time.
Exposure to experts from diverse backgrounds ranging from engineering, data science, business development, clinical medicine, patient advocacy, and beyond.
Work in a collaborative environment with a team dedicated to both personal and scientific growth and development.
Highly competitive compensation package, with incredible growth opportunities.
Outstanding healthcare benefits.
Flexible vacation policy.
… did we mention daily catered lunch?
More About Us:
Notable Labs is a precision medicine company that has a translational drug discovery platform focused on identifying novel therapeutic options for cancer patients.
Our clinical research lab helps oncologists identify personalized and rational combinations of treatments for patients. We’ve developed a high throughput robotic flow cytometry lab platform that screens thousands of FDA-approved and investigational drug combinations against the patient’s own cancer cells to help predict safer and more effective cancer treatments. Our lab has completed initial feasibility studies with clinicians in relapsed Acute Myeloid Leukemia & Myelodysplastic Syndrome, with an 84% predictive rate. Focusing on individual patients and existing treatments, we’re working to discover novel uses of drugs and defining mechanisms underlying cancer progression and drug resistance.
Our research and development platform extends our clinical research to drug discovery, testing novel compounds with primary patient samples for pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies. Using our automated, high-throughput, multi-parametric drug screening research platform, industry partners can assay the biological impact of novel compounds on primary cells in a physiologically relevant environment. This helps our partners stratify patients by their predicted responsiveness, increasing the probability of successful clinical development. We are actively partnering with pharmaceutical companies that have preclinical and clinical stage drug pipelines in Acute Myeloid Leukemia, Myelodysplastic Syndrome, or related hematological malignancies to profile experimental drug activity in patient samples.
Our investors include Builders Venture Capital, Founders Fund, First Round Capital, Y Combinator, several prominent angels and seed-stage funds, and Accelerate Brain Cancer Cure, a venture philanthropy firm founded by Steve Case.
At Notable Labs we value diversity and are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.ᐧ