At Bolt Threads, we believe that answers to our most vexing problems can be found in nature. Every day we’re inspired by the amazing materials we work with, and driven by the desire to turn these materials into incredible products. We are a venture backed, idea driven company, led by world-class scientific and engineering talent, as well as experienced executives from the technology and apparel industries.
We’re Looking For...
A hands-on leader as Director of Environment, Health & Safety (EH&S) who is experienced in safety and health management and will also manage Facilities, Procurement and Lab Services. The successful candidate will look to build upon Bolt’s safety culture and is curious about championing and integrating human and organization performance (HOP) into our current safety programs and culture. The ideal candidate will have experience developing, standardizing and implementing programs to ensure compliance with governing regulatory agencies and industry best practices while promoting employee involvement in the company’s multi-site Environmental, Health & Safety program. They must be a participatory leader with strong active listening skills who can clearly communicate a safety culture vision across the organization and a growth mindset.
You’ll be Excited to Come to Work Because…
- You’ll have the ability to make a significant, positive impact on a team, a company, and the world.
- You’ll get honest feedback that’s given in the service of helping us get better at what we do.
- You’ll encounter unique (often ambiguous) challenges, and diverse teams working to solve them
- You’ll find innovative approaches to science, technology, and culture.
- Serve as a technical resource to the company in complex areas of EHS Compliance (both US and International), risk management, hazardous materials/waste, industrial hygiene, industrial safety, and/or ergonomics.
- Establish and maintain EHS policies, programs and procedures that ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local regulations and company standards while proactively look for opportunities to improve safety programs and educate and inspire employees to do the same. Drive and implement changes as needed and be able to implement and drive EHS collaboratively.
- Oversee the sites Accident and Incident reporting process and perform periodic audits to identify opportunities related to EH&S, potential environmental and workplace hazards, program deficiencies, and liabilities. Participate in incident investigations, ensuring root cause and countermeasure identification is completed to eliminate future injury.
- Partner with other sustainability professionals to drive corporate responsibility project goals, objectives, initiatives or strategies.
- Review and analyze accident data to identify trends or areas requiring additional focus.
- Chair Safety meetings including Safety Committee, Lab Manager meetings.
- Oversee all Environmental, Safety and Occupational Health related training.
- Manage EHS Budget and associated contracts for services.
- Manage, develop and mentor Facilities and Lab Services team responsible for chemical inventory/handling, procurement, lab support, shipping/receiving.
This Team will be Excited to Have You Because You Bring...
- 12+ years of EH&S experience, 5 years in leadership/management role
- Strong strategic skills required, especially in utilizing systems based approaches to problem solving
- Strong communication and leadership skills, clearly communicates strategy, vision and tactics both verbally and in writing
- Rapid learning abilities and team player who thrives in a dynamic environment with multiple stakeholders
- Keeps current with national and international safety & health industry trends, Federal, State, and Local regulations through memberships in professional associations (ASSE, LEPC, ABSA, etc.).
- Understands and implements risk base safety
- Certification: CSP, CHMM, or CIH.