At Bolt Threads, we believe that answers to our most vexing problems can be found in nature. Every day we’re inspired by the amazing materials we work with, and driven by the desire to turn these materials into incredible products. We are a venture backed, idea driven company, led by world-class scientific and engineering talent, as well as experienced executives from the technology and apparel industries.
We’re Looking For...
A project manager to drive the planning and execution of strategic, cross-functional technical projects at Bolt with a blend of innovative and best-practice project management processes. You will be responsible for managing the planning and execution of project work against defined milestones and deliverables, and ensuring that the project scope remains aligned with company goals. You will be successful in this role if you are able to influence diverse groups of talented people to work seamlessly together and solve challenging problems with ambitious timelines. You will need to be comfortable working in a range of technical areas where you may not be an expert but can learn quickly to challenge team members’ assumptions and guide them in removing roadblocks.
You’ll be Excited to Come to Work Because…
- You’ll have the ability to make a significant, positive impact on a team, a company, and the world
- You’ll get honest feedback that’s given in the service of helping us get better at what we do
- You’ll encounter unique (often ambiguous) challenges, and diverse teams working to solve them
- You’ll find innovative approaches to science, technology, and culture
- You will be immersed in cutting edge technology and product development that could include anything from biology, fermentation, purification, material science, analytical chemistry, engineering, textiles, apparel, and hard goods
- You will work with your project teams to build tailored agile project frameworks with just the right amount of communication to enable both fast progress and the ability to respond quickly to new information
- You will quickly establish credibility and influence with people across different functions and different levels of authority
- You will have opportunities to manage projects and relationships with external vendors and manufacturing partners
- You will facilitate great, effective meetings that draw out information and view points that may not always agree but still result in clear actions that everyone is aligned on
- You will proactively seek out and create ways to most effectively communicate information between stakeholders with a wide range of (or lack of) technical backgrounds
- You will help establish a toolset of project management processes and trainings that can be a resource for anyone in the organization managing projects large or small
This Team will be Excited to Have You Because You Bring...
- 5+ years of industry experience in a related technical area
- 3+ years of project management experience
- Proficiency at using best practice project management techniques/tools AND agile development approaches
- Demonstrated ability to balance multiple projects or complex projects with multiple workstreams
- A self-directed and proactive working style in which opportunities are identified and addressed prior to leadership direction
- A creative mindset to drive innovation and continuous improvement in the project management function
- The ability to build trusted working relationships with internal stakeholders and project teams
- An eagerness to find and provide clarity in the face of ambiguity, close gaps in communication and execution, and take calculated risks
- Deep experience with Smartsheets, Microsoft Project, Merlin or equivalent project management software
- Excitement for working within a fast-paced environment and multidisciplinary teams
- Succinct, message-driven written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to travel up to 10% time depending on the projects you work on