FLX Bio is a biotechnology company focused on the discovery and development of novel drugs that will improve and prolong the lives of people with cancer. The company is led by a group of seasoned researchers from the biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries and is supported by several of the nation’s premier life sciences venture capital firms. The company is located in the San Francisco Bay area, in the heart of the world’s largest biotechnology research hub. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, including aggressive participation in the growth of the company in the form of stock option grants.
FLX Bio, a clinical stage pharmaceutical company and a leader engaged in the discovery of small molecule Immuno-Oncology agents, is seeking a highly motivated, energetic and team-oriented DMPK bioanalyst.
The selected candidate will conduct the lab-based evaluation of the ADME/PK properties of proprietary compounds, by developing and performing in vitro ADME assays and quantitative analysis of biological samples, playing an active part in our drug discovery and development efforts.
• Conduct in vitro ADME assays, such as metabolic stability, P450 inhibition and plasma protein binding
• Design and perform biological sample preparation and LC/UV/MS-based quantitative analysis to support in vivo studies characterizing pharmacology, PK, and toxicology of discovery and development candidates
• Collect, analyze, summarize, upload to internal databases and report high quality data in a timely manner
• Identify, troubleshoot and communicate on possible issues arising while performing regular duties
• Participate in maintaining laboratory equipment and actively engage in safe and efficient of laboratory operations
• Collaborate with team members from multiple functional areas
• Knowledge of and experience with standard in vitro ADME/PK assays and biological sample preparation
• Extensive experience with MS-based quantitative analysis of small molecules
• Basic understanding of ADME/PK concepts and principles
• Excellent organizational skills, flexibility, drive and attention to details
• Ability to work with limited oversight to develop and trouble-shoot assays while striving to deliver high quality data in a fast-paced environment
• Strong interpersonal skills, strong team spirit and demonstrated ability to work in multidisciplinary teams while interacting with members of various levels
• Knowledge of Prism, WinNonLin and Dotmatics a plus
• Experience with metabolite profiling and identification desired but not required
• Education: Bachelor’s degree (B.S./B.A.) or equivalent in a scientifically related discipline with at least 4 years of industry experience. Final leveling of the position will be commensurate to the candidate’s experience.