Data Scientist at Atreca
Redwood City, CA, US
Atreca is a biotechnology company focused on applying its Immune Repertoire Capture™ technology to discover and develop novel cancer immunotherapeutics. Located in Redwood City, California, Atreca is looking for talented, entrepreneurial people who are dedicated to making a positive impact on human health. We have a unique opportunity for a highly motivated individual to become a key member of a growing biotechnology company.
We are looking for a Data Scientist who will help us use the information hidden in vast amounts of data to make smarter research decisions and discover novel treatments for cancer patients. Your primary responsibility will be to work side by side with biologists, analyzing complex, rich data sets describing the immune responses of cancer patients. You will apply your scientific and technical skills to develop analysis strategies and answer questions about how the immune system fights cancer. You will work with the data management team to streamline and automate procedures and analyses. Excellent communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team are vital to this role.
- Data mining using state-of-the-art methods
- Interacting with scientists to enhance data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
- Processing, filtering, and in silico quality control of data used for analysis
- Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
- Interacting with research teams to provide routine and custom data analyses
- Integrating company’s data with third party sources of information
Skills and Qualifications
- M.S / Ph D. in Biology or Computer related fields or B.S with 4+ yrs experience in data science / bioinformatics in the biotech industry
- Extensive experience with common data science tools, and expertise with R and NumPy
- Great communication skills
- Experience with data visualization tools, such as D3.js, ggplot, , R shiny, etc.
- High proficiency in SQL
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Strong python programming skills
- Expertise with Spotfire is a plus