Research Associate/Senior Research Associate – Biochemistry at Pionyr Immunotherapeutics
San Francisco, CA, US
Pionyr Immunotherapeutics Inc., a growing San Francisco-based immuno-oncology company focused on novel approaches to generate anti-tumor immunity, is seeking qualified Research Associates/Sr. Research Associates who will play an integral role in moving our discovery research efforts into the clinic. We are seeking a talented and motivated team member to support our research efforts in developing antibody-based immuno-oncology therapeutics. The candidate should be a highly-motivated individual, and have experience in expression, purification and characterization of recombinant proteins.
Specific Responsibilities Include (but not limited to):
• Cloning, sub-cloning, bacterial transformation, DNA purification and quality check
• Plasmid preparation, transfection of mammalian cells, protein purification by column chromatography
• Protein characterization using analytical and biophysical methods
• Maintenance of protein and plasmid inventory
• Verification and alignment of nucleic acid and protein sequences provided by team members for CDR grafting into human or rodent antibody frameworks
• Organizing and analyzing results, communicating and presenting findings in team meetings, and contributing to scientific publications
• Troubleshooting and optimizing assays through data interpretation, identification of novel or alternate procedures and techniques, and timely execution
Pionyr Immunotherapeutics, Inc. offers competitive salaries, participation in company stock-incentive plans and benefits packages, in addition to a dynamic academic-driven science environment.
• Bachelors or Masters in a life sciences discipline with 1-8 years of relevant experience in an industrial pharmaceutical/biotechnology or academic lab setting
• Experience in standard protein analytical techniques including electrophoresis, Western Blot, ELISAs, HPLC, and UV spectrophotometry
• Proficiency in protein production and purification techniques (using peristaltic pumps, AKTA systems), ultrafiltration/diafiltration, assay development will be a significant plus
• Experience with animal cell culture and sterile handling techniques is a must