Scientist I (Biochemistry) at Mission Bio
South San Francisco, CA, US
We are looking for a highly motivated and qualified individual to help us achieve our goal of launching innovative new technologies for characterizing heterogeneous cell populations at the single cell level. The successful candidate will develop targeted sequencing approaches to expand our single-cell sequencing approach to additional indications and sample types. The candidate will develop novel molecular biology protocols and reagents at the core of a new approach to single-cell genomics.
• Enable application of single-cell genomics to additional clinical indications.
• Optimize nucleic acid isolation from different types of clinical samples.
• Develop novel barcoding strategies for different aspects of single-cell biology.
• Research and demonstrate feasibility of new NGS library preparation methodologies.
• Streamline user-facing protocols to reduce hands-on-time and assay robustness.
• Interface with outside vendors and internal manufacturing teams.
• Contribute to technical discussions and collaborate with engineering and analytical groups.
• PhD in molecular biology, biochemistry, genetics, or a related discipline.
• 3-5 years industry experience required.
• Extensive molecular biology experience is required. Examples include: nucleic acid isolation and QC, restriction digests, primer design, PCR, RT-PCR and whole genome amplification.
• Experience with different NGS library preparation methodologies a must.
• Experience with multiplex PCR highly desired.
• Ability to analyze and visualize NGS data considered a big plus.
• Record of developing novel molecular biology and biochemistry protocols.
• Strong ability to document experiments and troubleshoot protocols.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively and cooperatively in a team environment.