Research Associate II - C.elegans Assay Development at Perlara, PBC
South San Francisco, CA, US
Our Motto: Leave No Disease Behind
Perlara, PBC is a biotech startup and Public Benefit Corporation based in the Bay Area that is on a mission to discover personalized cures for diseases, rare and common using a novel platform of engineered model organisms. We’re in our 4th year of existence and continuing to build a lab, platform, and automation to improve the speed of drug discovery. We are seeking a research associate to support the C.elegans drug discovery pipeline with model and assay development skills.
Under the guidance of a project manager
• Performs basic phenotypic nematode experiments towards assay development
• Performs genotyping, qPCR, western blots, and various biological assays towards C.elegans model development and validation
• Identifies and develops image-based screening assays for C.elegans disease models of human disease
• Performs data analyses for pilot assays as well as high throughput discovery screens
• Prepares and maintains supplies for C.elegans husbandry
• Assists in documentation of standard protocols
• Assists in experiment design and project planning
• Participates in weekly company meetings presents data and project plans
This is a full time permanent position with competitive salary
• 2+ yrs of C.elegans experience a must
• BS or MS in molecular biology, biochemistry, neuroscience or related field
• Proficient in molecular biology techniques such as PCR, qPCR, sequencing
• Proficient in fluorescence microscopy and imaging with exposure to automated image analyses.
• Proficient in statistical analyses and graphing using R, Matlab
• Experience with drug and/or genetic screens is preferred.
• Experience with genetic crosses, microinjections, transgenic and single copy strain generation (MosSCI, CRISPR etc.) is preferred, but not required.
• Experience with scripting and coding for image processing and automated batch data analyses is preferred.
• Ability to review scientific literature sources and design/troubleshoot experiments
• Comfortable learning new techniques and aiding in the development of assays
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Works well in a team environment and deliver under fast-paced timelines
• Well-organized and attention to detail
Please apply on perlara website: https://www.perlara.com/research-associate-ii-c-elegans-assay-development/