Scientist, Preclinical Pharmacology at Surrozen
South San Francisco, CA, US
Surrozen is seeking an innovative Scientist to join our in vivo pharmacology team and develop relevant disease and injury models for the characterization of novel regenerative therapeutics.
• Oversee development and use of in vivo models including but not limited to ischemia reperfusion models, liver diseases, fracture, wound healing
• Manage internal and external resources and collaborations
• Lead design and execution of in vivo studies to answer key biological questions
• Lead, mentor and develop a team of researchers
• Manage and supervise study planning, protocol design and study
• Manage internal resource allocation and external collaborations
• PhD in a relevant biological scientific discipline with a focus on in vivo model development and at least 3 years of pharmaceutical industry experience.
• Strong understanding of drug discovery, applied pharmacology and drug development.
• Strong working knowledge of disease and injury models and current clinical treatments.
• Experience managing a broad scientific program and an in vivo pharmacology team.
• Familiarity with the regulatory requirements to run an in vivo facility and to remain compliant with IACUS and AAALAC regulations.
• Experience and working knowledge in concepts including but not limited to genetic engineering, stable gene expression/knockdown platforms, cell biology, molecular profiling methodologies, histology/immunohistochemistry, FACS, in vivo imaging, etc.
• Strong communication skills and ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team environment.
To learn more about us, please visit our website: http://surrozen.com. Surrozen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment.