Mechanical Engineer (5000) at Mission Bio
South San Francisco, CA, US
Mission Bio is looking for a lead mechanical engineer with experience launching multiple products to help advance our microfluidic-based instrument. Example responsibilities will include CAD design, hardware prototyping and assembly, documentation, and testing. Ideal candidates should also have familiarity with circuit design and firmware coding, as well as excellent problem-solving skills, good work ethic, and an ability to quickly learn. As the mechanical engineering lead, this role will entail a great deal of ownership and control over the instrument; it will require a fine attention to detail across many subsystems and at the same time, a broad sense of the project for the sake of planning and critical decision making.
• 3D CAD modelling and preparation of dimensioned drawings
• Instrument prototyping and assembly
• BOM management and part version control
• Basic PCB design and testing
• Firmware coding and software version control
• Coordination of vendors and manufacturers
• Process documentation, MPIs
• Quality control and testing
• Assisting with regulatory certification
• Scheduling, resourcing, decision making
• +4 years spent as a mechanical engineer with top-level ownership over multiple product-development cycles.
• Experience with product regulatory certification as well as safety and EMI standards is a bonus
• Fast learning, hardworking, an exemplary team member, and a strong communicator
• B/S Mechanical Engineer or master’s degree in a related field.