Research Associate, Biology at Tenaya Therapeutics
South San Francisco, CA, US
Tenaya Therapeutics was founded with the mission to address chronic heart failure through a multipronged effort focused on the pathologies present in the cardiac muscle. There are no therapies that directly address the core problem of heart failure, the loss of functional cardiac muscle. This major gap in the therapeutic space presents a challenging but significant opportunity for novel regenerative therapies. Our lead research program aims to develop a gene therapy that alters the gene expression of cardiofibroblasts to convert them into cardiomyocytes. Tenaya is backed by The Column Group with a $50 million Series A investment.
Tenaya is seeking a creative, self-motivated individual with a passion for experimental science to join our founding team. This is a fantastic opportunity to work on cutting edge science and take part in building an exciting, science driven company.
• Perform a diverse range of cell based assays to characterize lead molecules.
• Oversee all aspects of maintaining human cell lines including passaging and manipulating cells, preparation of tissue culture reagents, and helping with tissue culture room upkeep and restocking.
• Execute a range of experiments using molecular biology techniques including plasmid design, DNA isolation, PCR, cloning, and virus preparation.
• A Bachelors or Masters degree in Biology, Biochemistry, or related discipline with 1-4 years of hands on research experience in either an academic lab or company setting.
• Prior experience with mammalian cell culture and standard molecular techniques.
• Candidates with human iPS cell culture, high throughput screening, rodent handling, tissue sectioning, and/or flow cytometry experience are strongly encouraged to apply.
• A positive attitude, strong attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently are required.
• Strong communication skills and the proven ability to build open and collaborative relationships are essential.
For immediate consideration please submit your CV through our careers page: https://www.tenayatherapeutics.com/careers
Tenaya is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment.