Research Associate, Fermentation Engineer at Sugarlogix (Zimitech, Inc.)
Berkeley, CA, US
You will operate bench-top and industrial-size fermenters for a microbial conversion process.
What You Will Do:
- Operate bench-top fermenters in batch and in continuous mode
- Monitor and optimize fermenter performance by performing high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC), measuring OD600 of the samples, and controlling fermentation conditions.
- Apply adsorption and chromatography techniques for separating and purifying the products from fermentation.
We are a biotechnology company, creating prebiotic sugars with functional benefits for healthier products. As an early stage company, we look forward to having you on board to build the fundamentals and to help shape our direction.
We Are Looking For:
- 1+ year laboratory experience working with microorganisms.
- Bachelor degree in Chemical Engineering, Microbiology, Bioengineering or relevant fields.
- Work well under pressure, thrive as part of a team and motivated to work independently.
- Experience in basic molecular biology techniques to construct a genetically modified organisms.