Scientist, Metabolic Engineering at Sugarlogix (Zimitech, Inc.)
Berkeley, CA, US
You will develop yeast S. cerevisiae strains for a biological conversion process.
What You Will Do:
- Perform strain engineering to construct yeast strains capable of producing a desirable product
- Improve yeast strain productivity by metabolic engineering, protein engineering and/or various synthetic biology approaches
We are a biotechnology company, creating prebiotic sugars with functional benefits for healthier products. As an early stage company, we look forward to having you on board to build the fundamentals and to help shape our direction.
We Are Looking For:
- 4+ year experience in metabolic engineering, synthetic biology or related fields
- Experience in designing and solving metabolic pathway bottlenecks, including protein engineering and relevant molecular biology techniques.
- Experience in working with S. cerevisiae
- PhD or Master in Microbiology, Bioengineering, Molecular Biology or relevant fields. Bachelor with extensive direct experience will be considered.
- Work well under pressure, thrive as part of a team and motivated to work independently.
- Experience in operating bench top and industrial-size fermenters
- Experience in industrial setting