Bioinformatics/Software Engineer at Encompass Biosciences Inc.
San Francisco, CA, US
Bioinformatics and Software Engineer
We are an early stage company using genetic analysis to upend the current paradigm in medicine and diagnostics. Our mission is to use analytic and scientific expertise in genomics to develop products that improve the treatment of common diseases. We are an accelerator backed company located in Mission Bay, San Francisco, California.
We are looking for an enterprising individual to join our team as a bioinformatics software engineer! You will use your coding and problem-solving skills to advance our company’s vision. Responsibilities include developing code to analyze genetic and health data, make predictions from this data, and connect to electronic health records. We are searching for an entrepreneurial, dedicated, and independent thinker to join our team.
If this sounds like you, send your resume and a short statement of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Qualifications should include:
• Extensive coding experience in R, Python, C++, or similar
• 3-4 years work experience or PhD or MS in field such as genomics, bioinformatics, or computer science
• Experience working with medical or genetic data
• Ability to independently develop creative solutions to challenging problems
• Motivation and excitement to advance the use of genomics and challenge current clinical practice
• Excellent personal and scientific communication skills (written and oral)