Part-Time Lab Administrative Assistant at Assembly Biosciences
San Francisco, CA, US
This part-time role will provide support to a growing team of four scientists and one support personnel in the San Francisco office and report to the Associate Program Manager of the Microbiome Program.
• Place, track, and receive orders for lab supplies, equipment, and services through the Oracle order procurement platform per company policy.
• Track goods and services orders by using an Excel spreadsheet and paper filing system. Trouble shoot system issues when necessary.
• Provide exemplary customer service to scientists related to ordering, receiving, and general administrative inquiries.
• Organize general lab supplies within the lab.
• Work with the finance team to ensure new vendors are set up in the internal system. Serve as a liaison between vendors and the finance team as needed.
• As necessary, serve as a liaison between scientists and the building facilities team to ensure clear communication and any facilities-related matters.
• Develop and manage an inventory of lab supplies. Prepare a list to enter into the purchasing system for those items that are running low and routinely used.
• Complete administrative duties as needed.
• Other duties as required.
We are looking for applicants who have an established track record of high achievement, self-motivation, professionalism, reliability and excellent organizational skills.
• Experience within a scientific lab required.
• High school diploma required. Pursuing a bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Excellent attention to detail. Ability to execute tasks in a timely manner with little supervision.
Assembly Biosciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. We encourage applicants of all ages.