Project Scientist at Aptitude Medical
Santa Barbara, CA, US
Job Title: Project Scientist
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Who we are
Aptitude Medical Systems is developing next generation aptamer-based therapeutics and diagnostic products. We are a recent spin-out from the H.T. Soh Lab at UC-Santa Barbara and Stanford. We are venture-backed and revenue generating through significant pharma collaborations and government contracts. Our headquarters is in Santa Barbara, CA – an idyllic location offering immense natural beauty, outdoor adventure, big city amenities in a mid-sized town, and easy access to California’s metropolitan centers.
What we need
We are seeking a R&D Scientist that will be responsible for creating and translating proof-of-concept aptamer-based electrochemical devices into functional product prototypes ready for clinical development.
• Understand project objectives, and work with the management team to conceive and develop innovative approaches to achieve them;
• Understand underlying science and fundamental concepts - especially electrochemistry - behind the products in development;
• Identify and synthesize key information from internal and external knowledge bases to take charge in devising and executing strategies to attain desired product functionality;
• Design and run experiments efficiently with high reproducibility;
• Achieve objectives by troubleshooting experiments and implementing practical or creative solutions;
• Document experimental results, analyze data and outcomes, and discuss with the R&D team;
• Interface with product development team, manufacturers, and commercial or clinical collaborators;
• Assist in drafting proposals, technical reports, publications.
In this dynamic working environment, other responsibilities may be added.
• PhD in relevant field (e.g. chemistry, biochemistry, bioengineering, chemical engineering, materials engineering) with formal electrochemistry training with hands-on expertise in development of electrochemical-based sensors and in-depth understanding of their fundamental mechanism;
• Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and driving new product development;
• Highly resourceful with ability to devise solutions to reach project goals;
• Reliable, meticulous, and hardworking;
• Humble, transparent, and embodying a team-first attitude;
• Proven ability to thrive in a goal-oriented environment and manage time effectively to reach milestones;
• Effective communication, discussion, reporting, and analysis;
• Experience with fabrication, device prototyping, and scripting is a plus.
We offer competitive compensation and growth opportunities inherent to a fast-growing startup. We also provide any necessary immigration support. Most importantly, we offer a unique opportunity for you to join world-class researchers and entrepreneurs to deploy and grow your skills to solve major unmet needs in health care and make a meaningful difference in the world.
How to apply
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your application should include your resume and a brief self-introduction. Please indicate your name and the Job Title in the email subject line and your name in all attachments (e.g., “John Smith resume”).