Mechanical Engineer - Microfluidics at Miroculus
San Francisco, CA, US
The applications team is currently recruiting a Scientist:
Miroculus is seeking a Scientist with experience in microfluidic technology development. The successful candidate will work as part of a multidisciplinary team comprised of scientists, engineers, biologists, and computational scientists to build integrated microfluidic devices for molecular diagnostics. This position requires someone who is willing to roll up their sleeves and work hard to push product development forward.
- Extensive experience in developing novel microfluidic solutions.
- Extensive experience in building and applying microfluidic devices.
- Comfortable with rapid prototyping (e.g., device design, photolithography, and 3D printing).
- Hands-on experience with translating molecular assays onto microfluidics.
- Creative, interdisciplinary problem solver across engineering and molecular biology.
- Ability to prioritize work to accomplish project goals.
- Experience in product development is a plus.
- Experienced in framing creative ideas, and independent thinking.
- Desire and drive to work in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and written skills.
- Prepare technical summaries and present experimental results.
- Ability to work, both as an individual contributor and as a key member of a multidisciplinary team.
Education and Experience:
- M.S. or PhD in chemistry, biomedical engineering, or a related discipline, with at least 4 years of experience in microfluidics research.
We are looking for a creative and highly motivated individual. Our team is international, interdisciplinary, fast paced and used to excellent communication and teamwork skills. The candidate should feel comfortable functioning within a small and rapidly growing company. This position reports to the Director of Applications.
April 2017, Full time position in San Francisco Bay Area
To apply please send a full CV together with a brief cover letter to email@example.com by March 30th.