At Eighteen B, a wholly owned subsidiary of Bolt Threads, we are on a mission to change the skincare industry one ingredient at a time. Inspired by nature, devoted to science, committed to sustainability, Eighteen B is scientifically designed skincare for the confident skincare explorer.
Through rigorous scientific research and transparency, we develop innovative, safe, effective, cruelty-free skincare products unlike anything else on the market. We are a venture-backed, idea-driven company, led by world-class scientific and product development talent, as well as experienced executives from the skincare and beauty industries.
We are looking for...
A Temporary + Part Time (in 2019) to Permanent (in 2020) Social Media Specialist who will be responsible for helping us build and grow a best-in-class social media presence across multiple platforms to drive brand awareness and engagement. This role reports to the Head of Brand and will be working cross-functionally within the Brand Marketing Team to ensure delivery of a cohesive brand story.
This role requires skill in the areas of strategy development, customer acquisition (and conversion) data analytics, drawing meaningful insights as well as tactical execution with a bias for action and passion for growth.
- Drive social media strategy, engagement + performance, optimizing for brand engagement
- Ideate and execute creative + engaging social media campaigns + content to build brand awareness, support product launches as well as brand + cultural story moments; ensuring social media activity is appropriately integrated and amplified across all marketing channels
- Create and manage social media content calendar
- Work with (and brief) creative and external partners to produce campaign and evergreen content optimized and relevant for social while ensuring brand look + feel + voice is consistent
- Develop content (digital graphics + photography) as needed
- Responsible for community management, writing and scheduling posts with a minimum cadence of 1x post / day across platforms
- Identify new content creators from our community and partner with influencer marketing team on development and maintenance of relationships
- Set and manage KPI’s for social and influencer marketing and develop consistent, actionable reporting and insights leveraging the appropriate analytic tools to optimize performance
- Partner with growth and retail channel partners to find synergies and help support x channel growth
- Stay on top of and inform team of social media trends, best practices, platform changes and developments
To be successful...
You will be an inspirational storyteller with fresh ideas; a team player who is action-oriented and flexible to the needs of the business.
And you bring...
- Knowledge + passion around beauty, skin health, digital and social media with 2-3 years experience working with an e-commerce / DTC business
- The ability to translate ideas and concepts into brand-building initiatives to drive awareness and engagement
- Basic photo editing skills: Photoshop, Final Cut/iMovie, other Adobe Suite products
- Strong communication + writing skills with great attention to detail
- A willingness to be “hands-on” from planning to execution
- Adept at project management with solid time management skills
- Ability to balance creative and data-driven thinking
- Comfortable with G-Suite, especially Google Sheets, Calendar, Slides