Pendulum™ is on a mission to help people improve physical and mental health by creating a new category of products that target the microbiome. We are researching, developing and commercializing a novel class of rationally-designed Live SynbioticsTM (probiotics + prebiotics) that have demonstrated clinical efficacy to treat conditions like metabolic syndrome, inflammation and neurodegeneration.
Pendulum™ has created proprietary pipelines to build a unique discovery platform that identifies key, novel bacterial strains and the prebiotics that feed them.
We are a highly collaborative team of scientists, engineers, physicians, marketers and salespeople interested in improving human health by using the latest research from diverse fields, such as microbiology, molecular biology, high-throughput genomics, distributed computing, pharmaceutical development and nutrition. We believe strongly in an individual’s transparency and strong communication to enable the most effective and efficient path to team success.
If you’re interested in building a new category of products that will help improve the lives of people globally and you love working in a cross-functional, collaborative, inspiring environment, please continue reading!
We are looking for a passionate Diabetes Educator to join our team and help us provide consumer education and consumer support for our product, a Live SynbioticTM medical probiotic that is clinically shown to lower A1C levels and minimize blood sugar spikes. As part of our product offering, we will be offering 1:1 consultation sessions with customers so they can ask questions about our product and receive general consultation on diabetes and any diet and exercise changes they should make to improve their health outcomes. Reporting to our Chief Marketing Officer, you will help create and manage this program, while also working as a nutrition consultant for our customers.
What You'll Do:
- Develop and provide diabetes self-management education and diabetes management recommendations to consumers, who are purchasing our product
- Monitor client progress and provide feedback and encouragement
- Review and prepare educational content and activities to help users make lasting behavioral changes and improve their diabetes management
- Collaborate with marketing, R&D and clinical teams to share consumer learnings and feedback.
- Collaborate with our Chief Medical Officer and internal HCP team on key insights, learning and opportunities
- Serve as an educational and informational resource to our marketing team and employees within our company
- Remain current on the rapidly changing field of diabetes management and the latest recommendation for patient education techniques
- Bachelor's degree in nutrition, public health, or other appropriate health related field from an accredited four year university, required
- Two (2) years of experience in a clinical settingC
- urrent License as a Registered Nurse (RN), Registered Dietician (RD) or Certified Diabetes Educator
- Strong written and verbal skills
- You enjoy interacting with customers and patients
- Familiar with Google Office Suite
- Knowledge of health and wellness, diet and exercise, and physical activity, a plus
- Flexibility in working with a wide range of individuals across different communication mediums (text/voice)
Pendulum's™ team is as diverse as a healthy microbiome. We welcome all to apply.