We are seeking a highly motivated individual with a background in Biochemistry or Molecular Cell Biology to join our Lead Discovery team at Nurix.
The successful candidate for this position will support early drug discovery efforts by characterizing the activity of novel compounds in custom biochemical assays. The types of assays employed will be enzymatic as well as protein-protein binding in nature and will employ modalities such as fluorescence polarization (FP) and fluorescence resonance energy transfer (FRET). These data will be central to the early development of small molecule modulators that power the drug discovery pipeline at Nurix and the applicant will work as part of a highly collaborative, interdisciplinary team of biochemists, structural biologists, cell biologists, and medicinal and computational chemists.
The candidate should have a strong desire to learn new techniques and the ability and interest to cross train in all aspects biochemical assay development. The ideal candidate will be self-driven, resourceful, very organized and focused, and enjoy working in the dynamic team environment here at Nurix.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Biochemistry, Molecular and Cell Biology, or related field
- Familiarity with the concepts of enzyme catalysis, protein-ligand and protein-protein interactions, and the principles that govern these interactions
- 1-2 years of laboratory experience (including undergraduate research) in the areas of biochemistry, protein chemistry, or biophysics. Examples of highly relevant experience include:
- Work with biochemical assays (e.g. enzymatic, ubiquitylation, protein-protein interaction, fluorescence polarization, FRET, AlphaLISA, etc.)
- Use of spectrophotometers or fluorescence plate readers (e.g. Perkin Elmer Envision, etc.)
- Experience with laboratory automation or robotics (e.g. Agilent Bravo, Biomek FX, etc.)
- Protein purification (e.g. AKTA Purification of proteins from coli or SF9 cells)
- Familiarity with data processing programs (i.e. Microsoft Excel, GraphPad Prism, etc.)
Fit with Nurix Culture and Values
- Strong team orientation, highly collaborative and results-oriented focus
- Hands-on approach; resourceful and open to diverse points of view
- Self-driven and enthusiastic with the ability to thrive in a dynamic environment