We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated analytical chemist to join Nurix’s Medicinal Chemistry Team. The successful candidate will support our entire research portfolio including small molecule, heterobifunctional protein-degradation and DNA encoded library teams. Capabilities in our analytical department include structure elucidation by NMR, extensive chromatography applications including SFC as well as identification and characterization of in vitro and in vivo metabolites.
The ideal candidate will:
- Work closely with the medicinal chemists providing analytical and chromatography expertise in the areas of small molecule purification, separation of enantiomeric mixtures using our in-house SFC and structural elucidation
- Manage and supervise our high-throughput purification team
- Troubleshoot and maintain instrumentation, manage instrument service agreements, and develop best practices for their use
- Develop medicinal chemistry-enabling assays such as kinetic/thermodynamic solubility
- Collaborate with IT to streamline database entry and manage the data pipeline
- Be an active member of our project teams by attending project and department meetings and summarizing data
- Monitor analytical activities of our CROs
- Participate in experimental design and data analysis
- Ph.D. in Analytical Chemistry with 5+ years of pharmaceutical/biotech industrial experience or MS with 10+ years of industrial experience.
- Solid background in developing analytical methods for the purification, characterization, and testing of small molecules utilizing prep HPLC, NMR, and UPLC-MS is essential. Chiral SFC experience (analytical & preparative) is desirable.
- NMR experience using 2D-NMR, HNMR, and 13CNMR experiments is desirable.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair prep HPLC, UPLC-MS and NMR instrumentation is essential.
- Experience with solubility and chemical stability assessments desirable.
- Contribute to in vitro and in vivo metabolite identification studies.
- Excellent communication (oral and written), documentation (record keeping, lab notebook, reports), organization, and interpersonal skills is essential.