Whole Biome is on a mission to help people improve physical and mental health by creating a new category of products that target the microbiome. We are researching, developing and commercializing a novel class of rationally-designed Live SynbioticsTM (probiotics + prebiotics) that have demonstrated clinical efficacy to treat conditions like metabolic syndrome, inflammation and neurodegeneration.
Whole Biome has created proprietary pipelines to build a unique discovery platform that identifies key, novel bacterial strains and the prebiotics that feed them.
We are a highly collaborative team of scientists, engineers, physicians, marketers and salespeople interested in improving human health by using the latest research from diverse fields, such as microbiology, molecular biology, high-throughput genomics, distributed computing, pharmaceutical development and nutrition. We believe strongly in an individual’s transparency and strong communication to enable the most effective and efficient path to team success.
If you’re interested in building a new category of products that will help improve the lives of people globally and you love working in a cross-functional, collaborative, inspiring environment, please continue reading!
Whole Biome is looking for a Senior Accountant to join our Accounting Team in San Francisco, CA. As one of the first members of our Finance team, the Senior Accountant will assist with all aspects of the company’s close process, from preparation and posting of journal entries, to publishing financial statements. Our ideal candidate is a well-rounded, top performer who will be a key contributor in a high-energy, growth environment, and thrives working with cross-functional teams.
What You'll Do:
- Be responsible for month-end, quarter end, and year end close procedures (account reconciliations and roll forward schedules)
- Assist with financial reporting related to projects
- Be responsible for fixed asset accounting
- Be responsible for the cost accounting system
- Oversee physical inventory counts
- Assist with revenue accounting
- Perform fluctuation analysis for monthly reporting deliverables
- Ensure financials are in accordance with GAAP
- Provide support for the preparation of audited annual financial statements and PBCs
- Assist with internal management financial statement preparation and reporting
- Assist in monthly/quarterly balance sheet and income statement flux variance analysis for management reporting
- Assist with the development, implementation and maintenance of key policies and procedures
- Identify and implement process improvements, systems integrations, etc. for greater accuracy, financial control, and efficiency
- Support other groups with special projects, as needed
- BA/BS Degree in Accounting or Finance, or equivalent experience, required
- 5+ years of experience as a Sr Accountant at a high growth biotech, or manufacturing facility
- Ability and desire to thrive in a fast paced and rapidly changing collaborative environment
- Ability to communicate with transparency and respect across all teams
- A high level of independence, accountability, sound judgement and a customer service mindset
- Start-up experience, highly preferred
- Experience with ERPs, a plus
- CPA or CPA candidate, a plus