Medared is a biotechnology company dedicated to the research and development of novel therapeutics for the treatment of neurological diseases and other therapeutic areas in the inflammatory diseases. Our first project is to develop novel therapies for neurodegenerative diseases. Our approach is based on novel findings by the Akassoglou lab at Gladstone/UCSF that implicate fibrin as a key driver of neuroinflammation.
We are looking for a highly qualified and experienced drug developer with excellent scientific/analytical skills and experience in pharma/biotech drug discovery. This individual will play a leading role in the preclinical research of our lead therapeutic program. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the preclinical research activities required to establish the drug discovery paradigm from lead selection to first in man. This position will be located in San Francisco and reports directly to the CSO.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsibility for design, qualification and execution of in vitro pharmacology required to support research leading to clinical candidate nomination through first-in-man
- Support in vivo pharmacology through qualification of reagents and establishing primary cell-based methods
- Support nonclinical studies including experimental selection and validation of relevant species for safety/tox studies
- Work collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary environment, including consultants and external CRO teams as required.
- Work closely with the CSO to build and lead an interdisciplinary research program by collaborating on establishing scientific strategies, defining research goals and execution of new research projects
- Contribute to the production of project-related documents, budgets, presentations, patent and regulatory submissions as required
- PhD or equivalent advanced biological and or health sciences degree
- 5+ years of pharma/biotech experience
- Strong foundation in Immunology/neuroinflammation is required
- Proven track record in developing and performing cellular assays and plate-based assays to establish in vitro pharmacology program is required
- Knowledge and experience in developing PK-PD models is desirable
- Experience building strong relationships with peers, consultants and CRO partners to enable higher performance in a cross disciplinary environment
- Excellent English oral communication skills in a scientific setting are required
- Excellent technical writing skills are desirable
- The candidate must be able to work independently, respond to changing priorities and short lead times for multiple tasks; and be able to identify problems and work toward solutions
Why Work for Us?
- Join our vision to leverage Dr. Akassoglou’s biological insights to novel pathways impacting brain health and to develop new molecules that reduce neuroinflammation and reduce damage to neurons
- Opportunity to translate breakthrough biological insights into innovative drugs with an innovative class of therapeutics for the treatment of numerous diseases with vascular damage including Alzheimer's Disease
- Medared’s employees are passionate, engaged and extremely motivated to succeed in identifying novel treatments for patients suffering from neurodegenerative diseases
- Our environment is international, progressive and collaborative, our attitude is focused and pragmatic
- Compensation is competitive when compared to industry standards and commensurate with experience and includes benefits
If you would like to be considered for an opportunity at MedaRed, please submit your resume with the title of the position in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
MedaRed is an equal opportunity employer.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. MedaRed is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.