Medared is a biotechnology company dedicated to the research and development of novel therapeutics for the treatment of inflammatory diseases. Our first project is to develop novel therapies for neurodegenerative diseases. Our approach is based on novel findings by the Akassoglou lab at Gladstone/UCSF that implicate fibrin as a key driver of neuroinflammation.
We are looking for a highly qualified and experienced drug developer with excellent scientific/analytical skills and experience in pharma/biotech drug discovery. This individual will play an essential role in the preclinical research of our lead therapeutic program. The successful candidate will be responsible to manage and perform analytical methods on lead therapeutic candidates that support the selection, optimization, and manufacturability of candidate monoclonal antibodies. This position will be located in San Francisco and initially reports directly to the CSO.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsibility for design, qualification and execution of a variety of analytical methods leading to selection of clinical candidates
- Perform studies on candidate molecules to show manufacturability and stability of lead molecules
- Support in vitro/in vivo pharmacology through the use of analytical methods for the qualification of reagents
- Work collaboratively with the CSO to build and lead an interdisciplinary research program
- Contribute to the production of project-related documents, budgets, presentations, patent and regulatory submissions as required
- PhD or equivalent advanced biological and or health sciences degree
- 3 years of post-doctorate experience
- Proven track record in developing and performing a variety of analytical methods
- Background in biologics is required
- Background in immunology/neuroinflammation is desirable
- Pharma/biotech experience is desirable
- Experience working in a cross disciplinary environment
- Excellent English oral communication skills in a scientific setting are required
- Excellent technical writing skills are desirable
- The candidate must be able to work independently, respond to changing priorities and short lead times for multiple tasks; and be able to identify problems and work toward solutions
Why Work for Us?
- Join our vision to leverage Dr. Akassoglou’s biological insights to novel pathways impacting brain health and to develop new molecules that reduce neuroinflammation and reduce damage to neurons
- Opportunity to translate breakthrough biological insights into innovative drugs with an innovative class of therapeutics for the treatment of numerous diseases with vascular damage including Alzheimer's Disease
- Medared’s employees are passionate, engaged and extremely motivated to succeed in identifying novel treatments for patients suffering from neurodegenerative diseases
- Our environment is international, progressive and collaborative, our attitude is focused and pragmatic
- Compensation is competitive when compared to industry standards and commensurate with experience and includes benefits
If you would like to be considered for an opportunity at MedaRed, please submit your resume with the title of the position in the subject line to email@example.com.
MedaRed is an equal opportunity employer.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. MedaRed is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.