MedaRed is a biotechnology company dedicated to the research and development of novel therapeutics for the treatment of neurological diseases and other therapeutic areas in the inflammatory diseases. Our first project is to develop novel therapies for neurodegenerative diseases. Our approach is based on novel findings by the Akassoglou lab at Gladstone/UCSF that implicate fibrin as a key driver of neuroinflammation.
We are looking for a highly skilled, self-motivated and experienced Office Manager. The ideal candidate will perform a wide range of office management and high-level administrative activities for all team members ensuring a productive work environment and efficient office operations. This position will be located in San Francisco.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Serves as a the initial, highly professional interface with key external contacts such as customers and vendors and shows effective written and verbal communication with external as well as all internal contacts including management, staff, and contractors
- Serves as primary interface of key external administrative service providers such as facilities, IT, HR and accounting
- Helps establish and maintain office systems such as electronic filing systems, layouts, and office equipment
- Perform intermediate to advanced desktop publishing including word processing, spreadsheets, and presentations
- Draft, review, and/ or edit written material to ensure accuracy, neatness, correct punctuation, and grammar; recommend changes to improve readability and clarity
- Calendar scheduling including agenda preparation for internal and external visitors or staff
- Develops and demonstrates working knowledge of systems and serves as primary “go to” person for frequently asked questions
- Transcribe information of a technical, confidential, and/or sensitive nature; may be required to take meeting minutes from time to time
- Office and break room supply management
- Make travel arrangements
- Coordinate meetings and other corporate events
- Oversee facilities repairs and maintenance
- Assist with presentations and related collateral materials
- May be required to perform other related duties as required
- Place Purchase Orders from properly completed and approved purchase requisitions
- Maintain vendor relationships
- Expedite vendor orders when required
- Collect properly authorized packing slips and proof of receipt
- Assist with receiving of goods, if needed
- Requires a minimum of 3-5 years of related administrative experience preferably in a start up environment
- Must demonstrate intermediate to advanced computer skills and software application proficiency
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple projects at one time to meet deadlines
- A track record of serious commitment to accuracy and quality while meeting goals or deadlines
- Demonstrated exceptional work ethic, and a “can-do” attitude
- Extremely creative, consistently generates new and original ideas
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail
- Experience working across all levels of an organization within a small company / startup
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Biotech / Life Science experience, a plus
- Experience in QuickBooks, a plus
- Associates or Bachelors degree in Business or the equivalent knowledge and experience required
Why Work for Us?
- Medared’s employees are passionate, engaged and extremely motivated to succeed in identifying novel treatments for patients suffering from neurodegenerative diseases
- Our environment is international, progressive and collaborative, our attitude is focused and pragmatic
- Compensation is competitive when compared to industry standards and commensurate with experience and includes benefits
If you would like to be considered for an opportunity at MedaRed, please submit your resume with the title of the position in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
MedaRed is an equal opportunity employer.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. MedaRed is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.