We are seeking an enthusiastic candidate with a B.S. in a biological science and 0-2 years research experience in an academic or industry lab to join Nurix’s Protein Science team for a temporary assignment of 6 months to 1 year. The ideal candidate must have basic knowledge and hands on experience in protein expression and purification. The successful candidate will be mentored by a senior member of the protein sciences team to conduct experiments related to protein expression and purification efforts to support biochemical, biophysical and structural efforts.
This individual will work closely with scientists from cross-functional disciplines. The candidate should have a strong desire to learn new techniques and the ability and interest to cross train in all aspects of protein expression and purification. The ideal candidate will be self-driven, resourceful, very organized and focused, and enjoy working in a dynamic team environment.
- Undergraduate degree in Biochemistry, Cell and Molecular Biology, or similar discipline completed within the last 2 years
- Hands-on experience in protein expression and purification in an academic or industry setting, including basic knowledge of protein purification and characterization techniques (e.g. IMAC, SEC, IE, SDS-PAGE,UV-Vis), is highly desirable
- Hands on experience with protein purification systems (e.g. AKTA, Unicorn) preferred
- Prior knowledge and familiarity of expression platforms (bacteria and insect cells) is a plus
- Must keep a detailed record of experiments in an electronic laboratory notebook (instruction provided)
- Must be able to follow protocols and promptly communicate results and difficulties
- The successful candidate will be aligned to Nurix’s culture and values; he/she will be team oriented and highly collaborative with a hands-on approach
- The candidate should be enthusiastic, driven, team oriented and have a “can do” attitude