At Eighteen B, a wholly owned subsidiary of Bolt Threads, we are on a mission to change the skincare industry one ingredient at a time. Inspired by nature, devoted to science, committed to sustainability, Eighteen B is scientifically designed skincare for the confident skincare explorer. Through rigorous scientific research and transparency, we develop innovative, safe, effective, cruelty-free skincare products unlike anything else on the market. We are a venture-backed, idea-driven company, led by world-class scientific and product development talent, as well as experienced executives from the skincare and beauty industries.
We’re Looking For...
A Brand Marketing Manager with experience increasing brand awareness at digitally native brands. This person is proactive, collaborative, comfortable executing independently (without a team) and/or leading a cross-functional team.
The ideal candidate uses data and insights to make decisions, is excited by both beauty and deep science, and is comfortable identifying interesting stories and working to deliver those stories across all channels.
This person will shape Eighteen B's brand by uncovering consumer insights and delivering innovative campaigns/moments within the customer journey. This person will develop and manage the content calendar, manage the brand budget, develop go-to-market strategies and lead the creative development of cross-channel campaigns (events, digital, PR, social, etc…). This person will develop and maintain external partnerships including, but not limited to, those with influencers, PR agencies, and partners.
To be successful, this person must be scrappy and love the hustle, be able to develop company-wide relationships, embody Eighteen B values, be comfortable working with the team distributed across the country, be ruthless in their evaluation of what’s working or not, and consistently and proactively look for ways to improve as we continue to grow.
You’ll be Excited to Come to Work Because…
- You’ll have the ability to make a significant, positive impact on a team, a company, and the world.
- You’ll encounter unique (often ambiguous) challenges, and diverse teams working to solve them.
- You’ll find innovative approaches to science, technology, marketing, and culture.
- You love the challenge of setting and driving a team to deliver on sales goals.
Within the first 30 days you will….
- Assume ownership over Social Media (identifying stories, creating content, posting daily, community management), Influencers and PR.
- Report on channel-specific KPIs and report weekly and monthly to key stakeholders including the ‘so-whats’ and ‘now whats’.
- Understand who the Eighteen B customer is, and identify if there are research and insight gaps in where we will find her and how we market to her.
- Review the marketing calendar through end of year, 2019 and prepare a work plan for the current quarter specifically for the channels you own (e.g. Social Media, Events (PR & Influencers), etc).
- Understand the brand guidelines and voice and demonstrate you have command over how to apply towards your channels accordingly.
- Begin to build a collaborative relationship with Growth Marketing and Creative.
- Partner with research and development, technology and operations teams to understand cross-functional dependencies.
- Build relationships across the organization, including at the executive level.
In the first 60 days you will….
- Begin to understand Bolt’s & Eighteen B’s science and product development process.
- Understand Eighteen B’s strategic pillars and name Marketing’s strategic priorities that ladder up to these pillars.
- Understand current Eighteen B story architecture, and begin to identify changes, additions, optimizations to test in order to reach a bigger audience.
- Identify and remedy areas where cross-functional processes could be stronger.
- Develop and execute blog content strategy.
- Show traction towards monthly goals in Organic Social, PR and Influencers.
- Develop a marketing insert program.
- Assume Product Ownership of one cross-functional project that is a company strategic priority.
This Team will be Excited to Have You Because You Bring…
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2+ years of Consulting experience preferred but not required
- 5+ years of Brand and/or Agency experience
- Beauty experience
- Digital and DTC experience
- Strong sense of curiosity and resilience
- Love for data, intensely deep levels and layers of data
- Decisive. The ability to know when to test a theory, for how long and when to pull the trigger to go big or just pause
- Excellent interpersonal and team management skills
- Comfort with ambiguity
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and handle issues of a sensitive nature with tact and discretion
- This position can be based in Los Angeles, Portland or Emeryville, plan to travel 25% of the time between those locations.