Lygos is an industrial biotechnology company developing new technologies for the fermentative production of bio-chemicals and materials. We are working to replace expensive, environmentally hazardous, and harmful petrochemical production processes used today with safe, renewable routes using engineered microbes.
The Executive Assistant provides proactive, high-level administrative support to the CEO, handling information and details of a highly confidential and critical nature. This role may also include support for the Company’s COO, CTO and VP of Strategy.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Calendar management - Coordinate all aspects of CEO and Executive Team calendars (internal and external meetings, conferences, travel, etc.)
- Understand and balance meeting priorities
- Advise meeting organizer of executives’ time constraints
- Materials for meetings are prepared/provided in advance
- Event / meeting management
- Travel Management & Expense Reports
- Mail Management, filing, records, and materials organization/retention for each executive.
- Participate in event planning for company engagements, both onsite and offsite, during and after business hours.
Qualifications & Experience
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required in order to satisfactorily perform in this role.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Business Administration or related field preferred
- 8-10 years related experience supporting management-level, including interactions within and outside the company (customers, vendors, visitors and other high-profile guests), with at least 2 years of experience successfully supporting C-level executives; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven track record of using discretion, judgment, communication and decision-making skills
- Event/meeting planning proficiency
- General knowledge of business practices and policies for public and private companies
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Adept at establishing and maintaining interpersonal relationships with partners/customers in a global market.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Flexible and adaptable to sudden change in business demands.
- Strong analytical and research skills – keen accuracy and attention to detail
- Superior organizational skills
- Sound judgement / decision-making skills
Collaboration / Teamwork
- Enthusiasm for cross-departmental collaboration in support of all organizational goals and initiatives.
- Adaptability to many different working styles and personalities
- Process confidential information with the utmost discretion
- Dedication to exceptional customer service
Work Environment/ Physical Demands
The work environment and physical demands described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must be able to occasionally work off-shifts, weekends, and additional hours, as required.