At Bolt Threads, we believe that answers to our most vexing problems can be found in nature. Every day we’re inspired by the amazing materials we work with, and driven by the desire to turn these materials into incredible products. We are a venture backed, idea driven company, led by world-class scientific and engineering talent, as well as experienced executives from the technology and apparel industries.
We’re Looking For...
A Social Media Manager who is curious, collaborative, and interested in building an engaged community. The ideal candidate is comfortable identifying interesting stories and capturing/creating content to best tell that story through art and copy on social. This person will oversee all social channels; responsibilities include strategic development, content creation, tactical execution, community management, and ongoing measurement and optimization. To be successful, this person must be social-first, able to develop company-wide relationships, embody Bolt values, and proactively look for ways to improve as we continue to grow.
You’ll be Excited to Come to Work Because…
- You’ll have the ability to make a significant, positive impact on a team, a company, and the world.
- You’ll get honest feedback that’s given in the service of helping us get better at what we do.
- You’ll encounter unique (often ambiguous) challenges, and diverse teams working to solve them
- You’ll be unleashed to find innovative approaches to marketing.
Within the first 30 days you will….
- Own the development of Bolt’s social strategy and creative execution
- Take responsibility for creation (art + copy) and publishing of all content on Bolt social channels, including capturing real-time content during key moments
- Partner with creative teams, outside agencies/freelancers, and influencers as needed to generate social content
- Build relationships across the organization, including at the executive level
- Begin to understand Bolt’s science and product development process
- Deliver customer-first service in regular posting, monitoring and engagement
- Monitor all social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter) for Bolt, executives, and beyond; closely monitoring for comments, DMs, and mentions
- Be on top of all the latest updates to each platform and current social media trends to provide recommendations
- Work with marketing to ensure brand consistency and assist with tasks as needed.
In the first 60 days you will….
- Create channel development strategies to grow accounts and develop meaningful connections with new audiences
- Work cross-functionally to develop quarterly content calendars
- Identify opportunities and implement new content and features
- Develop clear KPIs and report monthly and annually to key stakeholders
- Be a social media go-to resource for Bolt executives and the company-at-large
This Team will be Excited to Have You Because You Bring...
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required
- 5+ years of social media marketing experience
- Super strong personal digital presence (LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter)
- Strong sense of curiosity and resilience
- Thorough understanding of social media trends and best practices
- High comfort level capturing photography content and working in content editing tools (ex: Photoshop, Lightroom, InDesign, Illustrator)
- Experience using social analytics platforms (ex: Sprout Social, Hootsuite, Google Analytics)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Comfort with ambiguity
- Proven ability to use data to inform and guide decisions
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and handle issues of a sensitive nature with tact and discretion
- This position can be based in Portland or Emeryville, plan to travel 25% of the time between those two locations.