Velano Vascular’s Director of Product Marketing will play a pivotal role in enhancing the Company’s leadership position in the vascular access segment. The candidate will work closely with a talented, proven team of innovators that has grown multiple start-up companies into established organizations in the health and technology sectors. This position requires a passion for customers, technology innovation, product excellence and innovative healthcare marketing. We are looking for an experienced marketeer to accelerate our commercial efforts.
Contributions will span a wide range of marketing and business development activities that influence our commercial enterprise. Responsibilities will reflect the needs of an early-stage, fast-moving environment, including identifying and engaging partners, market segmentation and pricing, refining and enhancing advisory board and KOL strategy, event planning, marketing material development, public relations, publication strategy and case study creation, and working with the sales and customer engagement teams. This role will interact internally across R&D, operations, customer engagement, sales and externally with hospital collaborators, advisors and agencies.
The Director of Product Marketing will initiate and manage cutting-edge initiatives across three main categories:
- New product development, launch planning and execution
- Crystallize market research on inpatient vascular access and infection prevention to illuminate emerging trends and voice of customer
- Demand planning and consumption modeling
- Sales tool development and training
- Account targeting, segmentation analysis and implementation
- Economic and financial analysis and positioning by customer type
- Lead generation and qualification for current and new regions
- Development of reference sites and Advisors
- Development of the Value proposition for accounts
- External communication plan for company and partners
Proven product marketing, market development and commercial execution experience is required.
- 10+ years of product marketing and commercial experience in medical device industry
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in business, science or technology/engineering with an excellent academic record
- A passion for customers, medical products, and operational excellence with a desire to advance clinical outcomes
- Ability to be a product champion and voice of the customer
- Ability to work cross functionally and a desire to work closely with internal constituents and with customers and partners
- Experience with commercializing / launching products and companies in the U.S. to hospital customers
- Proven track record of planning, leading and executing marketing programs and product launches
- Innovative, proactive and dedicated to making a positive impact in the health sector, as well as entrepreneurial spirit
- Confident customer and partner presence, motivated, proactive
- Bachelors Degree, MBA preferred