Whole Biome is a ground-breaking consumer-focused biotechnology company developing and commercializing products to address key chronic diseases, based on new discoveries of the human microbiome. Our mission is to help people improve physical and mental health by creating a new category of foods that target the microbiome.
Whole Biome has created a unique discovery platform to identify key, novel bacterial strains called SynbioticsTM (probiotics + prebiotics) that have demonstrated clinical efficacy to treat conditions like metabolic syndrome, inflammation and neurodegeneration. These are naturally-occurring bacteria within the human body that can supplement a body’s microbiome and have clinically-validated impact on health conditions. Two products currently in Whole Biome’s pipeline have already shown efficacy in humans for the treatment of Type II Diabetes and for Irritable Bowel Syndrome. The company anticipates commercializing these products in 2019 with a direct-to-consumer (DTC) business model.
We are seeking a creative & hungry marketer who loves building new brands and creating a new category of products from the ground level and who thrives working in a cross-functional, collaborative and entrepreneurial environment.
The Director of Brand Marketing is a dynamic marketer and independent thinker with demonstrated success leading brand initiatives for high growth consumer products company. The role will be responsible for driving strategy and implementation for all brand building activities including strategic roadmap, product innovation, marketing activation and team development. This person must be an strong communicator, passionate leader and creative marketer. They must possess a desire to learn the science behind the microbiome and our products and translate that into a compelling consumer message. Lastly, this role lead the development of marketing campaigns with measurable wins across various consumer touchpoints including content development & marketing, PR, social media, health care professional outreach and conferences.
- Drive the brand strategy and the launch of the Whole Biome brand and product lines with a primary focus on the direct-to-consumer online channel
- Partner with CMO to craft the corporate and sub-brand positioning and bring to life across all touchpoints.
- Develop and execute Whole Biome’s strategic marketing plan, including innovative marketing strategies and direct-to-consumer campaigns that drive brand awareness and engagement, communicating differentiating value propositions to consumers, health care professionals and partners.
- Set and deliver business objectives, developing & managing revenue forecast and product P&Ls. Manage and track the marketing budget and product forecast.
- Develop and manage product innovation and commercialization plans, working closely with R&D and manufacturing to identify commercializable formats that meet unmet consumer needs.
- Develop content marketing strategy and drive thought leadership platform as an innovator in microbiome space
- Drive all consumer and brand research to deeply understand our consumer and ensure our products are meeting their needs
- Systematically gather and analyze user feedback and market insights to develop and improve product and service offering.
- Recruit, train and manage marketing team, and engage external agencies and marketing resources when necessary.
- Design and develop integrated marketing plan across DTC, Digital, PR, Partnerships, Healthcare Professionals and advocacy.
- Oversee PR and actively manage PR agency, including story development, media outreach, press tours and events
- 8 - 10 years of marketing and branding experience that includes significant CPG experience
- Demonstrated success in building and launching a brand from the ground up
- Experience in one or more high growth companies and a flexible work style and ability to excel in a hands-on, fast-paced entrepreneurial start-up environment.
- Ability to craft and lead product innovation from developing product strategy, concept development leading cross-functional team for product development commercialization.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking, leadership and team building skills. Can develop vision , lead team to develop and execute programs and help translate and map out ideas to actionable projects and processes.
- Deep understanding of and experience in established and emerging digital, consumer marketing, brand building strategies, tactics, tools and metrics.
- Demonstrated success developing integrated marketing strategies and campaigns and direct team to activate against creative vision to deliver on clear success metrics.
- Direct to consumer and direct marketing experience a plus, as is experience in food & beverage a must.
- Experience successfully building, coaching and enabling high performing teams while holding employees accountable.
- Strong analytics skills and ability to make data-driven decisions to deliver against financial goals, a superior consumer experience and drive ROI on marketing initiatives.
- competitive salary and equity packages
- health, dental, and vision
- 401k with corporate matching
- flexible schedules with a focus on work/life balance
- unlimited vacation policy (we're all adults and professionals, not clockwatchers)
- commuter benefits
- casual culture (66% of founders usually wearing hoodies)
- on-site gym
- work/life balance: we believe it, we encourage it, we live it
- collaborative, team environment
- off-site, team building adventures
- walking distance to Caltrain, Muni
- walking distance to bars and restaurants in Dogpatch
Email with your resume and cover letter to begin the application process. Even if you don't see an opening that fits you, please send us your resume if you think your background and personality would be a great fit!