The successful candidate will be responsible for the design and implementation of biomarker assays to support Nurix’s clinical development programs targeting protein fate for cancer targeted therapy and immunotherapy. Collaborating with the Discovery and Development organizations, the translational biomarker scientist will be responsible for biomarker identification and characterization in preclinical studies, implementation of state-of-the-art biomarker methods, validation of clinical biomarker assays and tech transfer, and analysis and interpretation of biomarker data to guide early clinical development.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Utilize broad technical expertise in cell and tumor biology, biochemistry and molecular biology to design, execute and interpret in vitro and ex vivo experiments to expand mechanistic understanding of Nurix’s clinical development assets.
- Design and execute translational research studies to identify candidate pharmacodynamic and predictive biomarkers and mechanisms of resistance based on target biology, drug mechanism of action, and patient population
- Collaborate with project teams, external investigators and contract research organizations to evaluate candidate biomarkers in nonclinical models and patient samples and select optimal assays for clinical evaluation
- Contribute to relevant sections of clinical documents, regulatory submissions and publications
- Monitor ongoing clinical biomarker results and provide timely scientific review of clinical biomarker data to guide project decisions
- Highly motivated, innovative and strong team player. Excellent time management and organizational skills required
Education and Skills Requirements:
- PhD degree or equivalent experience in a relevant scientific area with 3+ years’ experience in translational aspects of drug development
- Ideally, candidate will have training and/or experience in developing, implementing and qualifying biomarker assays in Immunology, Immuno-oncology, Cancer biology and/or Hematology
- Broad technical expertise in cell and tumor biology, biochemistry and molecular biology across diverse platforms is required
- Prior role in multidisciplinary projects and teams with ability to integrate cross-functional information is an advantage
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, flexibility and demonstrated ability for creative thinking and proactive problem solving are essential for this role