Whole Biome is on a mission to help people improve physical and mental health by creating a new category of products that target the microbiome. We are researching, developing and commercializing a novel class of rationally-designed Live SynbioticsTM (probiotics + prebiotics) that have demonstrated clinical efficacy to treat conditions like metabolic syndrome, inflammation and neurodegeneration.
Whole Biome has created proprietary pipelines to build a unique discovery platform that identifies key, novel bacterial strains and the prebiotics that feed them.
We are a highly collaborative team of scientists, engineers, physicians, marketers and salespeople interested in improving human health by using the latest research from diverse fields, such as, microbiology, molecular biology, high-throughput genomics, distributed computing, pharmaceutical development and nutrition. We believe strongly in an individual’s transparency and strong communication to enable the most effective and efficient path to team success.
Whole Biome is seeking an Office Coordinator to join the Administration team. The person will contribute to the Whole Biome mission by helping out wherever there is a need. The ideal candidate thrives in fun, fast-paced environments where multi-tasking skills and a pro-active approach to getting things done is required. The Office Coordinator will help to maintain an efficient and productive work environment and be adept at following through on detail- oriented projects and providing excellent support to employees and visitors to the company. This position will interact with employees across all of the departments and in multiple locations, while working out of the main office location in the Dog Patch neighborhood of San Francisco.
- Order and distribute office supplies
- Keep kitchen orderly and stocked with high quality coffee (for our coffee aficionados!), snacks and beverages.
- Manage the reception area ensuring it is clean and organized; greet and support visitors
- Organize on-site meetings, including conference room scheduling, preparation, catering, computer equipment needs, etc.
- Schedule meetings and appointments for senior managers
- Schedule and arrange monthly birthday celebrations
- Maintain and repair shared office equipment and machines (printers, espresso machine, etc.)
- Help staff with administrative requests
- Help with new-hire desk set-up and schedule welcome lunch
- Distribute in-coming mail and handle out-going mail
- Responsible for individual and co-worker safety
- Other duties as needs arise to facilitate a the smooth functioning of the office
- 2 years of experience in an office environment
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education and experience
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Independent, proactive problem solving style. A creative mind and a fearless approach to hurdles and also a strong team player.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Experience with Google Drive Apps (including docs, sheets, calendar, forms, presentations), and MS Office
- Experience using the Internet and technology to complete tasks
- Ability to provide administrative support in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Ability to work effectively with multifunctional teams
- casual culture (66% of founders usually wearing hoodies)
- on-site gym
- work/life balance: we believe it, we encourage it, we live it
- policies that strongly support maternity / paternity leaves
- collaborative, team environment
- off-site, team building adventures
- walking distance to Caltrain, Muni
- walking distance to bars and restaurants in Dogpatch