Notable Labs is looking for a Director of Recruitment & HR to join our Foster City-based team. The primary responsibility of our Recruitment & HR Manager is to find exceptional people that embody Notable Lab’s values and mission to change the way cancer is treated, starting with putting patients first. You will be responsible for the full recruitment life cycle from drafting job descriptions and sourcing candidates to coordinating the recruitment process and negotiating offers. Working with our leadership team to identify candidates for engineering, scientific roles and operational roles, you will help to drive strategies for candidate attraction and closing.
Reporting to our COO, you will also play a role in Notable’s HR practices. You will be responsible for our New Hire Onboarding program, maintaining our HR-related systems and processes and developing programs to foster a happy and healthy work environment. You will be a go-to person for our team and help shape our culture as the company grows and evolves.
- Own the in-house recruitment function.
- Drive strategies around the recruiting lifecycle - candidate generation, attraction, assessment, and closing.
- Partner with hiring managers to drive clear job descriptions and position requirements
- Build and maintain a network of potential candidates & top performers through proactive market research and ongoing relationship management.
- Represent Notable Labs at internal and external recruiting events.
- Work with managers in providing feedback to candidates, developing offers, determining competencies, coordinating the interview team.
- Source and vet new third-party recruiters for specialized hiring efforts.
- Respond to inquiries in a timely manner, facilitating and coordinating on-site and remote interviews ensuring an exceptional candidate experience.
- Responsible for the pre-hire and pre-employment processes such as criminal background checks, employment and reference verification.
- Own our New Hire Onboarding Program.
- Maintain up-to-date job descriptions for all current employees.
- Develop programs to foster a happy and healthy work environment.
- Develop new ways to measure employee morale and determine methods for improving overall employee satisfaction.
- Work with lab teams on OH&S compliance.
- Help define and facilitate 360 performance reviews.
- Regular compensation benchmarking and leveling.
- Act as liaison between the company and outside legal and professional resources to ensure that all employment policies follow current laws and regulations.
- Manage our payroll and benefit system (we use Gusto).
Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum of three years of similar recruitment experience (technical recruitment experience a must).
- HR Generalist experience a big plus!
- Understanding of how to recruit passive candidates and possess the ability early on to profile people, gauge fit, understand their motivation, and sell candidates on the role.
- Experience managing and prioritizing multiple searches, projects and client relationships.
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized.
- Ability to communicate and present to all levels of leadership.
- ATS experience (Greenhouse is a plus.
- Sourcing tools experience (LinkedIn Recruiter, etc).
- Energetic, enthusiastic and comfortable speaking with people.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
What we offer:
- Competitive salary + equity.
- Benefit package: health, vision, dental and 401(k).
- Parking onsite or 100% commuter costs paid.
- An energetic, positive, self-managed work environment with a team culture that prizes excellence and commitment to our company mission.