Caribou Biosciences, Inc. is a leading company in CRISPR genome engineering located in Berkeley, CA. Caribou's tools and technologies provide transformative capabilities to therapeutic development, agricultural biotechnology, industrial biotechnology, basic and applied biological research. The six-year-old company has developed a best-in-class CRISPR genome engineering technology platform and has a leading intellectual property position.
We are seeking a Staff/Senior Accountant to join our growing Finance team in Berkeley. The ideal candidate will interact with team members across the organization and provide accounting support to the Company.
Responsibilities will include:
- Lead month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing process, including balance sheet reconciliations
- Prepare monthly financial analytics reports, including budget vs. actual comparison
- Prepare recurring and non-recurring journal entries
- Maintain fixed asset inventory and depreciation schedules
- Prepare audit workpapers and other PBC requests for external audit firm
- Assist in the preparation, documentation and maintenance of accounting policies
- Prepare various tax filing requirements, including franchise tax, use tax, property tax, and 1099’s
- Assist in the accounts receivable and accounts payable processes, as needed
- Assist in the preparation of the quarterly forecasts and annual budget
- Other special projects as assigned
Candidate must possess:
- Bachelor's degree, Master’s degree or equivalent experience in Business, Accounting, Economics, or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working in accounting firms or corporate environment
- Deep subject matter expertise in generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) with the ability to process concepts with a high degree of thought
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills (Advanced Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills are required)
- Well-developed problem-solving skills
- Good energy, enthusiastic, goal driven
- Maturity and ability to effectively facilitate change in an environment where the structure may evolve rapidly
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with people in diverse and different settings
- Possesses a sense of urgency; identifies challenges and problems and takes the initiative to identify solutions
- Background in biotechnology
- Experience with CRO/CMO accruals
- Big 4 audit experience preferred
Caribou Biosciences, Inc. is a dynamic start-up company, and the successful candidate must have the ability and desire to work in a fast-paced environment. For more information, please visit www.cariboubio.com. Caribou is on Twitter. Sign up to follow our Twitter feed @CaribouBio.
Caribou offers a comprehensive compensation package, as well as generous paid time off in addition to Company-observed holidays. The Company provides medical, dental, and vision insurance, along with a 401(k) retirement savings plan which includes matching employer contributions. Caribou promotes a culture in which employees are respected and rewarded for hard work, innovation, personal initiative, and teamwork.
Caribou is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical conditions, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and breastfeeding), genetic information, taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, or any other basis protected by law. In addition, Caribou prohibits the harassment of any individual on any of the basis listed above or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Direct applicants only. No agencies please.