Roles and Responsibilities
The Clinical Field Specialist (CFS) is responsible for creating awareness of the clinical benefits of the company’s technologies in commercial sites and patient care settings, and training healthcare providers in the proper use of the company’s vascular access technologies. The CFS will lead many of the key aspects of a cross-functional implementation program comprising of multiple patient-centric projects and sub-projects. Requires coordination among several internal and external teams including project teams, multi-disciplinary hospital teams, and vendors. Assists internal team members and customers with all aspects of implementation planning, coordination of resources, scheduling, communications, and formal training. Contributes to the improvement of the project management function through the creation of additional procedures and processes to enhance the overall effectiveness of the company.
The CFS will support and maintain an excellent clinical and commercial experience with all customer sites and will be pivotal in establishing and maintaining health practitioner relationships in the company’s customer and clinical collaborator settings. This position will serve as an expert interacting with administrative customers and product users, as well as with internal Velano stakeholders and will assist the Marketing function in the development of clinical training toolkits. The CFS may occasionally assist the Clinical Consultant / Sales team in new account start-up and site initiations.
The ideal candidate will possess experience both as a practicing healthcare provider and as a medical device industry professional. This role will work closely with a talented, entrepreneurial team that has grown multiple start-up companies into established organizations in the health and technology sectors. A passion for making a positive impact in healthcare and on patients is required, as is the ability to communicate with a wide range of stakeholders within hospitals and beyond. We are looking for an individual who is comfortable in situations of ambiguity, as well as with making decisions in a fast-moving environment.
Velano’s CFS will be responsible for a range of activities, including:
- Lead and drive product implementations, including training and onboarding, product release kickoffs, answering practitioner and patient questions and will work closely with the QA team to facilitate resolution of inquiries.
- Continuously highlight the essential benefits of the technology to direct users and to hospital personnel.
- Evaluate and communicate customer insights and unmet needs across the continuum of care to ensure cutting-edge product development and product enhancements.
- Assist with creation of clinical education materials, protocols, tools and clinical training programs for end-users and sales/marketing/clinical staff to ensure successful implementation of new technologies in the hospital.
- Ensure clinical viability of product, provide ongoing insights into new product development, commercial strategy and clinical research efforts, obtain field-based feedback to support.
- Manage and support customer expectations throughout the implementation and training process.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of six (6) years of experience in a patient care or hospital environment is preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years professional non-clinical experience working in a sales, marketing, consulting or similar business setting preferred.
- A valid Driver’s License is required.
- Strong project planning/management, leadership, negotiation and presentation skills as well as the ability to contribute creative, practical solutions to problems is required.
- Demonstrated practical application of successful adult learning practices and methodologies, as well as assessment tools, practices and techniques.
- Knowledge of measurement and analysis of effectiveness of training programs required.
- Experience in training and curriculum development, planning and implementation of professional development activities and speaking to clinical research personnel.
- Demonstrated experience changing the patient standard of care.
- Proven ability to be an effective and timely communicator with co-workers and all levels of multidisciplinary hospital teams is required.
- Required to work in a hospital setting and ability to attend live patient care settings.
- Management skills when working with clinical educators, strong abilities to delegate tasks and able to manage multiple priorities and budgets.
- Comfortable and/or experienced in meetings at the c-suite level (clinical/hospital environments).
- Highly consultative selling business approach and skillset.
- Advanced knowledge of vascular access, IV therapy, infusion therapy, laboratory and phlebotomy preferred.
- Strong time management skills with an ability to maintain numerous priorities and meet established deadlines.
- Self-motivated, takes on additional responsibilities and manage priorities with minimal supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Ability to analyze data and scientific publications, identify and effectively communicate relevant takeaways.
- Embodies the Velano Vascular IMPACT core values and is a model of integrity.
Education / Travel requirements
- Bachelors in Nursing required, Current RN license (or advanced practice nursing license), advanced degree preferred
- Travel >70%